The Student Room Group
/Paranoia\
Which university has the better reputation in Management in

A: Asia in general

B: Europe

C: Japan specifically

the NUS or HKUST? And which one gives their students higher chances to land a job in IB?

If its in Singapore try looking at NTU. Nanyang Business School's reputation is absolutely fabulous especially in Asia. And I would say HKUST or NUS, are both equally good though you might want to consider the language factor in both countries.
Reply 2
/Paranoia\
Which university has the better reputation in Management in

A: Asia in general

B: Europe

C: Japan specifically

the NUS or HKUST? And which one gives their students higher chances to land a job in IB?

Says HI to summersolitude:biggrin: !

You will do equally well in both universities since none is particularly favoured or 'targeted' by IBs. As the traditionals say, both carry the names of the respectitive cities, so the international visibility is def there. If you ask me, NUS is the place to go, though you need to be extremely outstanding in every possible definition of outstanding possibly defined by IBs.
melsonchun
Says HI to summersolitude:biggrin: !

You will do equally well in both universities since none is particularly favoured or 'targeted' by IBs. As the traditionals say, both carry the names of the respectitive cities, so the international visibility is def there. If you ask me, NUS is the place to go, though you need to be extremely outstanding in every possible definition of outstanding possibly defined by IBs.

Hello there! :biggrin:
Reply 4
If I have to rank the business schools in Asia I would rank them this way:

Tier 1 - CEIBS, INSEAD-Singapore, IIMs (upper tiers)

Tier 2 - NUS, UofHK, ISB, AIM-Manila, IIMs (lower tiers), Int'l U of Japan (IUJ)

Tier 3 - Nanyang, Chulalongkorn-Sasin, HKUST, Chinese UofUK, Lahore

Tier 4 - U of Malaya, other best ones in Malaysia, U of the Philippines, De La Salle U-Philippines
Reply 5
If I have to rank the business schools in Asia I would rank them this way:

Tier 1 - CEIBS, INSEAD-Singapore, IIMs (upper tiers)

Tier 2 - NUS, UofHK, ISB, AIM-Manila, IIMs (lower tiers), Int'l U of Japan (IUJ)

Tier 3 - Nanyang, Chulalongkorn-Sasin, HKUST, Chinese UofUK, Lahore

Tier 4 - U of Malaya, other best ones in Malaysia, U of the Philippines, De La Salle U-Philippines

Interesting. IUJ Tier 2? What about University of Tokyo (constantly Top 10 or 20 in world rankings), Keio, Waseda?

Anyway, why do you think NUS is better than HKUST (really only Tier3?!)? And where would you rank SMU? CEIBS is partner university for our graduate program.

Latest