The Student Room Group

New Small Animal Hospital in Glasgow

This is just a wee message for those of you who might be interested. Glasgow Vet School has just opened a brand new Small Animal Hospital, and it was all over the BBC Scotland news yesterday, so I thought I'd post the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8245296.stm

There is also a video you can watch in the article, where one of the neurologist talks about hydrotherapy and the new MRI machine.

This is huge for Glasgow Vet School as prior to this, they were working in rather run down facilities which were far too small to work in. This place is amazing - I had a tour not long ago before they moved in, it's HUGE! Just thought some of you may be interested.
Reply 1
Wow that all sounds so good! Bet it's amazing :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2
Its lovely :love:
I really wanna go to Glasgow now!
Reply 3
Blasphemy!
I'm joking. It did look lovely, with the grass roof and all. I haven't seen it for a while though.

Don't forget about Edinburgh's new buildings as well though (oncology centre/Roslin institute etc). :yep:
*not biased at all*
Reply 4
Lol. Well Edinburgh is most likely lovely too:smile: but sadly I have yet to see it:frown:. Glasgows also just made the fact that I'm finally applying seem so much more REAL :yes:
Reply 5
The open day is Saturday 26th or something, right? My sister (not a vet applicant) is going so I'll be there. :biggrin:
Reply 6
It's seriously cool. About 5x the size of the old one.. (from my estimations). Can't wait til final year
Reply 7
It looked impressive even when it was still being built (I saw it at the Open Day 2008) so I can only imagine how nice it looks at the moment. :yep:
Reply 8
http://www.scottisharchitecture.com/uploads/Image/archial/ArchialGlasgowUni1.jpg

This is a pic of the plan...but i swear now its an extra level higher?! Looks bigger than in that plan!
Got a look around this last week, it looks absolutely amazing! So well designed, and it looks like it's running together very well.

And it's so prettyyyyy. (L)
ah that looks epic! can't wait til my interview now :biggrin:
Reply 11
me tooo.. i cant wait to see it all :biggrin:
dam the cost of flights though, and i told my mum i wanted to go onmy own and she got really upset because it could be where i spend the next 5 years of my life and she wants to seee it lol