The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
yep am thinking the same question, and what about..."guests"?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I've been wondering the same thing too, cos I have a friend coming over from Sweden to see me, so it'd be much easier if she could crash in my room... I'm going to be in Cook Mews.
Reply 3
I read somewhere they are allowed to stay 3 nights out of a week so long as you get permission. but nobody takes any notice of this rule and whats more nobody cares... I could be wrong but thats what I heard xx
Reply 4
you';re meant to sign them in and out but tbh i dont think anyone rally cares too much, im sure no one i've had stay has done so!!! x
Reply 5
You're merely meant to inform the resident tutor or senior resident, but it doesn't really matter. I mean, they can't expect people to never bring home their boyfriend/girlfriend or a one night stand or a friend from another town or even hall.

Nobody really cares much :smile:
xTazx
yep am thinking the same question, and what about..."guests"?

haha :p:
Reply 7
is says in the tenancy contract, if you read it, that guest must stay no longer than 2 nights in a month. thats what it sya in mine anyway. i doubt many people take notice though. just read your tenancy contract
Reply 8
There are quite a few threads floating around like this at the moment

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1025825 being one of them....

at the end of the day however, regardless of what it says in the tenancy agreement, as long as your guests aren't taking advantage and are respectful of your flatmates etc no one really has a problem with it. If you are planning on having people stay for an extended amount of time, let your flatmates know... especially if you're sharing kitchens/showers because halls tend to be cramped enough without extra people who don't live there always getting in the way/using all the hot water
In James Owen Court you could probably house an illegal immigrant in there and get away with it.
Of course, I'm not advocating that! :biggrin:
What about shared rooms? That could be tricky...
Reply 11
"8.1 Under these Regulations, and the student accommodation agreement, students are responsible for the conduct of their guests and visitors (but not intruders).

8.2 A student may not invite more than four guests to their room at any time. They may not invite a guest to stay overnight without the written consent of the Resident Tutor in catered accommodation or Residence Manager in self-catered accommodation.

8.3 The Resident Tutor or Residence Manager shall not give consent to overnight guests during Welcome Week or at any time in a shared room where it may not be in the co-occupier’s interests. No consent will be given for overnight guests aged under 18.

8.4 If a student wishes to have more than four guests at the same time they must reserve a social area or public room. Reservations are made by applying to the Resident Tutor in catered halls, or Students’ Guild for areas in Cornwall House/Devonshire House, at least two weeks prior to the event and full details of the nature of the event and the number of persons expected to attend must be given at the time of application. "

The stuff about shared rooms doesn't mean guests aren't allowed but that they want to check it's OK with the roommate, basically.
Reply 12
From the sound of it it's pretty much accepted anywhere then :biggrin:

Which is good 'cos I wanted to host some couchsurfers while there

I'll be in Moberly House- what's it like there?

Latest

Trending

Trending