King's College London
London
Reply 1
aless_moretti
hey guys
i applied to kcl in october and got a conditional offer of AAB through UCAS
i am doing my exams jst now
the are a level english, a level maths, advanced higher latin
i am very worried that i mite not get AAB... do u think i would still be offered the place with ABB?
my friend's sister was given an AAB conditional from Oxford, she got ABC and got in but i dont know anyone who has applied or got in to kcl
thanks for the help

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro - what subject is it for, and are you a home, EU or international applicant?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
hey yea i shoulda mentioned
i dont no if im home or international...im italian but i have been livin in scotland for ages.. on the letter from kcl it said somethin like "we understand u will be payin fees at the HOME rate" but other unis (like UCL for example) sent me a questionaire cos they said the info on my Ucas form wasnt sufficient to classify me!
i hav applied 2 study law an if i get in im goin2 apply for the european course wit a year in italy...
just now its lookin ABB unfortunately..do u think they wil stil consider me acceptin me?
Reply 3
aless_moretti
hey yea i shoulda mentioned
i dont no if im home or international...im italian but i have been livin in scotland for ages.. on the letter from kcl it said somethin like "we understand u will be payin fees at the HOME rate" but other unis (like UCL for example) sent me a questionaire cos they said the info on my Ucas form wasnt sufficient to classify me!
i hav applied 2 study law an if i get in im goin2 apply for the european course wit a year in italy...
just now its lookin ABB unfortunately..do u think they wil stil consider me acceptin me?

Aaah, I've applied for Law too. Unfortunately I don't think they will accept you if you miss the grades.

This i a quote from the Law Dept website:

'Our standard offer is grades AAB in the 3 subjects taken at A Level and grade B in the fourth AS Level (ASUB) subject, which was not carried onto A level. These results must have been obtained within 2 years’ study. Resits are not accepted unless there was mitigation for the first attempt. A students who fails to achieve the target offer are unlikely to get a place.'

I know King's have given out too many offers in the past few years and ended up 'overshooting' - i.e. having too many applicants accept it as their firm choice. Therefore, this is why they are unlikely to take you if you miss your grades - they will probably have plenty who make their offers.

The best thing to do is to email Jane Henderson (Deputy Associate Head of UG Admissions) and ask her:

[email protected]

Good luck x
Reply 4
right
thanks for the help...
i suppose i dont really fit in wit that statement cos im doin these exams in one year...so technically i can resit stuff next year...hmm nah!
hope 2 see u next term if i meet my conditions
xx

Latest