The Student Room Group

Unsure whether to take up another AS subject

Hi, I'm currently studying History, Welsh, French and English Lang/Lit at 6th form, as well as the (compulsory) Welsh Baccalaureate. I have only been going for 3 days, but am already finding the frees annoying, as I have too much time on my hands. I realise it will get harder as the year goes on, but I got good GCSE results, so I thought it might be worth taking on Maths as an extra AS level?
Thanks
If you think you can handle it then go for it. Just remember you'll have homework, coursework (usually around the same period) and then exams as well. It might seem like you have a lot of time NOW, but it won't when it comes to exam time.
rosie_m
Hi, I'm currently studying History, Welsh, French and English Lang/Lit at 6th form, as well as the (compulsory) Welsh Baccalaureate. I have only been going for 3 days, but am already finding the frees annoying, as I have too much time on my hands. I realise it will get harder as the year goes on, but I got good GCSE results, so I thought it might be worth taking on Maths as an extra AS level?
Thanks

If you feel that you can cope with the extra exams later on in the year then it may well be worth it. It really depends on how much work you do throughout the year too. If you spread it out well then you should be able to manage another AS.
if you think you can handle it

but be warned...it WILL get harder as you go along
Reply 4
Thanks for your help... I think I may go for it, as I took 2 extra subjects at GCSE level (one of them art!!!) and managed to get good grades for them.
Reply 5
Oh and by the way I would take maths.
Reply 6
Given the choice I would not voluntarily pick another up.
Reply 7
yes def takes maths
no coursework if ur doin edexcel and its only 3 easy modules for AS

Latest