The Student Room Group

Standard Chartered numerical tests

Scroll to see replies

fair, thanks for the info
Reply 21
god help us all.
Reply 22
hi all...there was an error with their online tests...if you've actually passed then hr should contact you to do the personality test which is pretty difficult imo.

as for the discrimination??? NOT TRUE!!!
netserpent
hi all...there was an error with their online tests...if you've actually passed then hr should contact you to do the personality test which is pretty difficult imo.

as for the discrimination??? NOT TRUE!!!

Hi, netserpent, wdumean by "actually"? So, if they've sent me a "we're sorry" e-mail there's still a chance that this was an error?
Reply 24
I completed the SC tests last night and having passed the reasoning and numerical tests, I apparently failed on the 'talent' test. Just wondering how they pass/fail the talent test, given it was in a similar layout to a survey?

eg. Q: I am very competitive
A: Strongly disagree; Disagree; Neutral; Agree; Strongly disagree

Also, I'm assuming I passed the reasoning and numeracy tests, since they 'invited' me to complete the following tests, but I ran out of time on both and didn't answer all the questions. Is there any chance that I actually failed one or both of these, and not the talent test?
eleven
I completed the SC tests last night and having passed the reasoning and numerical tests, I apparently failed on the 'talent' test. Just wondering how they pass/fail the talent test, given it was in a similar layout to a survey?

eg. Q: I am very competitive
A: Strongly disagree; Disagree; Neutral; Agree; Strongly disagree

Also, I'm assuming I passed the reasoning and numeracy tests, since they 'invited' me to complete the following tests, but I ran out of time on both and didn't answer all the questions. Is there any chance that I actually failed one or both of these, and not the talent test?

i think no because if you have failed in one stage, you can not go into the next stage. after i did the numerical test, they sent me an email to inform me that i failed and i can not continue the recruitment process. nevertheless, you can do the talent test, so i assume that you have passed both of the logical and the numerical test. btw what do you think about the numerical test? is it easy?
Reply 26
raulsantander
Hi, netserpent, wdumean by "actually"? So, if they've sent me a "we're sorry" e-mail there's still a chance that this was an error?

yes...quite a few people got that! (just an email saying sorry about the online rejection...pls do the talent assessment)
Reply 27
sparklingpink: from my experience, I believe the numerical test was pretty standard, not any easier/harder than ones for other IBs. However, I got distracted (stupid, I know) during the tests and like I said, ran out of time on both the numerical and reasoning tests.
Are the numerical & logical tests from SHL?
Reply 29
I completed both the logical and numerical tests well in time, and i think with a decent amount of accuracy. I managed to get the invitation for the talent assessment test, however gota a "we're sorry" e-mail after that!

Anyone out there who actually knows what they're looking for? From my side, i answered that i am analytical, very competitive, seek guidance from my seniors, always ask qns, am a team player etc etc...but still didnt make it!

Any tips?
Reply 30
There is an overflow of talent in Standard Chartered... nothing can be done.
don't standard chartered require two languages as mandatory? that could explain some of the computer rejections. ie if you don't have two listed?
Reply 32
valcha103
I completed both the logical and numerical tests well in time, and i think with a decent amount of accuracy. I managed to get the invitation for the talent assessment test, however gota a "we're sorry" e-mail after that!

Anyone out there who actually knows what they're looking for? From my side, i answered that i am analytical, very competitive, seek guidance from my seniors, always ask qns, am a team player etc etc...but still didnt make it!

Any tips?

Did you first get rejected after your numerical and then received the invitation to personality questionnaire later on?
Most people got rejected after numerical...
I got a rejection for the numerical, but about a week later they emailed me apologising it was a mistake and allowed me to continue. But I screwed up the talent assessment test anyway...
Reply 34
Hey, I thought I had failed as well, but then later on I got an email inviting me for the personality questionnaire...i passed that (dont ask me how :smile:) ) so now to the essay questions...

they have a question like " our international graduate program spans across 20 countries, how can you convince us of being a global colleague?"

any ideas? not expecting someone else to answer this for me, but just wanna know what would be the best approach for this...thanks !
Reply 35
i have completed the online assessment test two days ago and as per SCB team, there is a slight delay in evaluating my results... but its been two days and no reply from them
should I be worried?
thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest