The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Paved_Paradise
Has anyone else taken a gap year, and become (probably rather irrationally) worried about going back to education?

I've suddenly become really paranoid that I'm going to SUCK at uni, and I got my modules list through this morning & it made me even worse! Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes. It dawned on me the other day that I'd need to do things that I haven't done in a year, things that it took ages to perfect-the art of essay and report writing. So yeah, you're not alone. I too worry that I will suck, even my handwriting is rather crap right now.

On the upside, I feel more exited about doing my course and look forward to doing my course more than I would have if started last year. Hopefully that will give me the drive to not suck.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I am a bit worried I've forgotten how to write essays! But I'm also excited about getting back into learning, and the fact that there will be other people on my course who don't know anything about it helps a bit too!
Paved_Paradise
Has anyone else taken a gap year, and become (probably rather irrationally) worried about going back to education?

I've suddenly become really paranoid that I'm going to SUCK at uni, and I got my modules list through this morning & it made me even worse! Anyone else in the same boat?

Nah mate, if anything my gap year's given me the drive to get on with it when I finally do get there, I've got most of the drinking and partying out of my system, and am looking forward to working and playing hard!
Reply 4
Yes! Feel nervous about essay writing and reading again. Felt really worried when I saw my Reading List, especially as I will not have access to these books until next week :frown:
My god, this is the only thing I'm nervous about... Not meeting new people, missing home etc.. I feel so out oif touch with studying after my gap year and I definitely think working in a call centre has dumbed me down.
Last Summer's Dream
My god, this is the only thing I'm nervous about... Not meeting new people, missing home etc.. I feel so out oif touch with studying after my gap year and I definitely think working in a call centre has dumbed me down.

Christ, tell me about it... I struggle with basic maths/English/academic stuff these days! Sometimes I sit there with a blank expression on my face trying to work out exactly how to say something properly, and as for my spelling... Haha!

Latest

Trending

Trending