The Student Room Group

Extended Project - I'm stuck for ideas, please help me?

Hi there my fellow medical buddies :biggrin:

I'm doing the extended project as a part of another AQA qualification. My original idea was to do something to do with the ethics of medicine but to be quite honest I don't really know what aspect to base it on. I'm willing to do it on pretty much any ethical aspect, so long as there's material available on the internet and in books for me to use.

I'm considering scrapping the ethics idea all together if there's something that'll have a real direction. Any ideas are MUCH appreciated because I'm at my wits end! :woo:

Thanks in advance,
from a very worried TSR member.
Reply 1
-animal research
-euthanasia
-Abortion
-Unwilling treatment e.g sectioning
-Judging the mental capacity of someone to judge if they want the treatment.
-Forced sterilisation
-If resources are limited who deserves the most care
Is euthanasia/abortion/genetic engineering/*controversial medical issue* moral?
Nearly everyone in my school did it on (embryonic) stem cells - it seemed okay for them so maybe do that? What ethical topic interests you in particular? I did it on an aspect of medicine that I was pretty much obsessed with for ages lol!
well im doing the causes of schizophrenia

but good ones that I thought of more general medicine based are:

- should a patients treatment be effected by their lifestyle choices? (smoking, obesity etc etc)
- should euthanasia be legal in the uk?
- do the benefits of stem cell research outweigh the sacrifices?
- should organ donation be compulsary?
Original post by loveisjustasong
Nearly everyone in my school did it on (embryonic) stem cells - it seemed okay for them so maybe do that? What ethical topic interests you in particular? I did it on an aspect of medicine that I was pretty much obsessed with for ages lol!

I went to a conference for potential medical students yesterday, and a lady who does the interviews for Bristol University said do not mention stem cells, because that is literally all they hear!
Reply 6
Original post by WhereDidIPutMyCar
I went to a conference for potential medical students yesterday, and a lady who does the interviews for Bristol University said do not mention stem cells, because that is literally all they hear!

Good grief...what went through your head to dig up a three year old thread???
Ahaa, didn't realise it was that old!!
I was looking for ideas for my extended project :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending