The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Kekko Kamen has nothing to do with Autumn series :hmmm: And you should be thankful I even bothered to review that awfulness :huff:
caraniel
Strangely for the autumn season there isn't really an awful lot I'm really interested in :s-smilie: However we'll see whats good when stuff starts airing :h:

I have to second that. Last Autumn was the first season I actually departed from my old habit of only picking up 1-2 series per season, and it was series like Casshern SINS, ef ~ A tale of Melodies~, Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae, Kuroshitsuji and (the beginning of) Chaos;Head that caused this change; I wanted to watch pretty much everything that season had to offer.

This time around I'm picking up 5 sequels, but even they're hard to get that excited about. Darker than BLACK was hit and miss, and the rest are fun series but nothing brilliant. They're all the types of series I'd watch alongside another, better series, just to add some variation. So I'm hoping that this better series will be among the new stuff, that or the sequels turn out to be better than the originals.
Reply 22
caraniel
Kekko Kamen has nothing to do with Autumn series :hmmm: And you should be thankful I even bothered to review that awfulness :huff:

I was not entertained.:mad:
Reply 23
Indeed AJ. There has been a steady decrease in new original series recently.......so many average shows are getting sequels instead :s-smilie:

I'm not here for your entertainment Vinnie-kins :eviltongue:
Reply 24
caraniel
Indeed AJ. There has been a steady decrease in new original series recently.......so many average shows are getting sequels instead :s-smilie:

I'm not here for your entertainment Vinnie-kins :eviltongue:

You are all here for my entertainment.:yes:

I do so enjoy derailing threads.:mmm:
Reply 25
I was just about to tell you off for spamming up my preview thread :hmmm:
Behave vin. :hmmm:

BTW Cara, like before I'll be happy to review the first eps of anything you feel requires a second opinion, as well as any sequels I'm picking up that you aren't. :yes:
Reply 27
Piss off.:cute:

Im leaving now:getmecoat:
Reply 28
Oh that would be great AJ - there seem to be an awful lot of sequels that I didnt bother with the 1st seasons of, and some shows that just seem like they were created just to scare/annoy me :s-smilie:
Reply 29
caraniel
Oh that would be great AJ - there seem to be an awful lot of sequels that I didnt bother with the 1st seasons of, and some shows that just seem like they were created just to scare/annoy me :s-smilie:

but your thoughts on those would be entertaining:frown:

*found a reason that isnt apam to post*:proud:
caraniel

Like Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu? The only reason that's not on my list is because I can't see it being subbed, personally. :p:
Reply 31
vin
but your thoughts on those would be entertaining:frown:

*found a reason that isnt apam to post*:proud:

AJ provide 2nd opinions - I'll still attempt to watch most things and review them as usual.
Reply 32
caraniel
AJ provide 2nd opinions - I'll still attempt to watch most things and review them as usual.

It just looks like AJs opinion twice.:indiff:
Reply 33
I have a list of 17 shows that I'm going to give a go (12 new and 5 sequels), but out of them there are only 9 that I'm really looking forward to :s-smilie: I hope there are a few surprise hits or my watching list will be quite short :erm:
Reply 34
Jehuty^
and ef :whip:

oh yeh :colondollar:

i have a batch that is good quality but im thinking of downloading it in hd :beard: it might be worth it as i hear the animation is very good but then it seems ive wasted this batch :s-smilie:
Reply 35
i'll review Kanokon if no one is gonna watch it :ninja:
Not as many lists as there were last season... aside from Cara, Aiko and I, how many people are considering sampling the first episode of Trapeze? Just wondering if it's worth giving it it's own thread (nearer the air date, of course).

This time I won't make a thread for any series until I've seen at least the first ep, but regardless of how good those first eps are there's little point in a discussion thread if there's just three people taking part.
Reply 37
just make the god damn thread :hmmm:
it might encourage people to try it and anyway this is tsr, when pople make threads about their toes I think you can make a thread about a series not many people are watching :indiff:

I might give it a try anyway

Im gonna possibly watch Fairy Tail, Darker than Black 2, that series about some book, this trapeze thing
depends on my having free time and what opinions are and such things, might consider others but then the last time that happened I decided to give k-on a chance....

too much of this season looks like childish crap:mad: wheres the violent stuff :huff:
Reply 38
I will be watching the first five episodes of each series I've mentioned in my first post in this thread, which includes Fairy Tail and Trapeze. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm intending to create a thread for Fairy Tail at some point, likely a week before the premiering episode. :smile:
I can see why starting it early would be a good idea in the case of Fairy Tail, since a lot of people are reading the manga so there's already things to discuss. Whereas Trapeze would probably benefit from being left until the last minute, as I doubt it would promote anywhere near as much discussion before the anime has begun.

Latest