The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

El Nombre
I can honestly say that I had never seen a Waitrose until I went to London. Are there even any up North? :s-smilie:

You know Lancaster is a Northern town due to the sheer number of Greggs. Down South, particularly in London they seem to be replaced my ‘Pret A Manger.’ (Or ‘Pratt A Manager’ as I like to call it).

I don’t really have many Southern friends, most of mine tend to be from Lancashire or Cumbria, although I did know I lovely girl from Devon in my first year.

Awww, I used to work in Greggs and I'm from Hampshire :P They used to shuttle me about everywhere as well, there are quite a few round here at least, about 10 in Portsmouth alone, I swear!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
athamas
its less northen that manchester or liverpool... :tongue:

im from kent origionally, and its as quick for me to get to the noth side of london [euston], as it is for me to get the rest of the way home...

if you book early enough you can get singles to london from about £10...

I live on the London/Kent border (Lewisham/Bromley boroughs) and it took me and my Dad 7 1/2 hours to drive up to Lancaster.

And if the ticket singles are in reference to trains opposed to coaches, then you must be a very organised person. I tried to book train tickets to Lancaster in advance about one a half months and the tickets were 70 odd pounds single.
Oh, and there is definitely Waitroses up north. There are also lots and lots of Gregg's down south. :smile:
greggs :coma:

we tend to have booths, can't say i've seen any down south
Reply 44
I have'nt seen a booths anywhere apart from lancaster and the lakes, must be a north west shop.
RedRevolver
I live on the London/Kent border (Lewisham/Bromley boroughs) and it took me and my Dad 7 1/2 hours to drive up to Lancaster.

And if the ticket singles are in reference to trains opposed to coaches, then you must be a very organised person. I tried to book train tickets to Lancaster in advance about one a half months and the tickets were 70 odd pounds single.

Wow! are you sure you weren't looking at first class or anything? Railcard is your friend, as is not caring what time the train you will get is- some are drastically cheaper than others. I can get an advance return to Berwick, through Edinburgh, for less than £20, so to London Should be much cheaper!
Reply 46
singles to london are £10 if purchased early enough...

and i can get a return to the centre of kent for £54...
Lancaster northern?

Being from Newcastle everything is southern for me.

Other than Scotland and Carlilse.
Reply 48
mazrhiannon
No offence, but if you read the top of the disscussion, you wouldnt be asking

Im just saying...

Erm no I had read the whole fing m8 an its just ridiculous
Englands england
haha, lancaster is quite southern for me, being from the lake district :p:
never heard of waitrose though!
I think northern people are dead friendly and down to earth in general. (Y)
MetalheadA7X
Lancaster northern?

Being from Newcastle everything is southern for me.

Other than Scotland and Carlilse.

Heh, I agree- live in Berwick, and lived in central Scotland for four years!

Latest

Trending

Trending