The Student Room Group

Is this cheating?

A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend slept for 2 weeks at my house while my parents were away and on the last day of him sleeping I got drunk with a mate while he was in bed. When we were downstairs the two of us got carried away being so drunk and we kissed alot. Would you count this as cheating? (My boyfriend heard everything that went on as he couldnt sleep)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In a word, yes. It's still betraying his trust to kiss someone else...he was only upstairs as well, so being able to hear it somehow makes it worse. Is he very angry?
Reply 2
Yes...What the hell would cheating be if it wasnt?!?!
Reply 3
Jenn260986
A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend slept for 2 weeks at my house while my parents were away and on the last day of him sleeping I got drunk with a mate while he was in bed. When we were downstairs the two of us got carried away being so drunk and we kissed alot. Would you count this as cheating? (My boyfriend heard everything that went on as he couldnt sleep)

The bigger question, is what ur BF thinks :smile:
Reply 4
Yer but if i heard what was going on i would come down and stop whatever was about to happen.
Reply 5
langleyster
Yer but if i heard what was going on i would come down and stop whatever was about to happen.

exactly, hes not a very good bf is he :rolleyes:
Reply 6
He was a bit upset but I think he did hold of lot of his anger back and forgave me.
Reply 7
Hang on, why were you getting drunk with a mate while he was upstairs in bed? Wouldn't you want to spend his last evening with him?! :confused:
Reply 8
if it was the other way round n it was ur bf that did it wld u feelhe had cheated on u?
Reply 9
langleyster

Maybe he didnt care :frown:
Reply 10
Yes. You betrayed his trust. Your boyfriend sounds very forgiving though. :smile:
Reply 11
Jenn260986
My boyfriend heard everything that went on...

Good grief! You must have been kissing really loudly!! :eek:

Aitch
Reply 12
wellp, i i was yer boyfrend i could have left you... but thats just me...
Jenn260986

Its still cheating, sorry.
KOH
Maybe he didnt care :frown:

Maybe he wanted a 3-some? :confused:
Reply 15
I would ask how things have been between you SINCE that night......has he "forgiven and forgotten", or has the incident put a serious dent in your relationship? And how do you plan to make it up to him, if at all?
Reply 16
It is cheating but if it happened to me the more important thing would be how you reacted afterwards, as in whether you were remorseful, regretted it etc.
Reply 17
Cheater.
It is very much cheating. You are very lucky that your boyfriend forgave you. As other people have said, it all depends on whether he has truly forgiven you, and whether you still feel committed to the relationship, given that you cheated on him.
Reply 19
my god and you complain about him!!!! :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending