The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yes. because suits are cool, and girls love guys in suits.
Probably a good idea. It doesn't have to be Savile Row, you can get perfectly acceptable suits for ****-all nowadays

lodzinski
yes. because suits are cool, and girls love guys in suits.

Yeah, and that
Reply 42
I thinkt hat every student needs at least one suit - for balls etc like you said. On my course too we need suits for corporate events and such; but regardless of course, you really need one for balls. Not talking the most expensive here, just someting resonably priced.
You always need a good suit at hand for the rest of your life, my man, including university. Don't forget a snazzy coat to go with it, as well.

You won't need it very often, but you'll be glad that you have one when the time comes to use it.
Reply 44
Aphotic Cosmos
You always need a good suit at hand for the rest of your life, my man, including university. Don't forget a snazzy coat to go with it, as well.

You won't need it very often, but you'll be glad that you have one when the time comes to use it.

This

But to be honest forget anything about getting a cheap one, a hundred is the cheapest id go for a suit quality is immediatly obvious.
Reply 45
Are there any essential things you forgot to take your 1st time going to uni?

I'm off tomorrow, and want to make sure there's nothing that will make me think '****, why didn't I remember that'
I haven't started, but wouldn't put it past my memory to go in boxers :rolleyes:
i was looking at other threads and toilet paper seems to be something which most of them forgot to bring
Reply 48
Padlocks for your kitchen cupboard space.
Reply 49
A doorstop.

It's a God-send.
A remarkable number of people seem to forget to bring a bottle opener and/or a pair of scissors.
Reply 51
Jormungandr
A remarkable number of people seem to forget to bring a bottle opener and/or a pair of scissors.

Haha, im NEVER without a bottle opener.
Iv got 3 belts with opener buckles
my keys have 2 openers on them
and if for some reason i have neither , i can use my teeth or the nearest windowledge
way to make myself sound alcoholic...
Shadow!
A doorstop.

It's a God-send.

This :smile:
Corkscrew. Tupperware containers. Plug extension / plugboard.
Reply 54
Many forget to bring condoms, only to find when they go to the nearest boots, they're in a que of 50 other lads all buying the same thing looking sheepish.
Coathangers. Potato peeler.
There's a tsr wiki-page link in my sig. (here)
Check it to see if there's anything there you've not thought about.

Yeah, it's not the shortest of lists, but it's worth reading, especially check the 'Miscellaneous' section.

Hope this helps
Reply 57
Tin opener. Flip Flops.
An axe.
Reply 59
Mask Of Sanity
An axe.

This

Latest