The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

emmasmellsalot
In the cook book I bought it said buy a plastic apron as one of the guys in the book had burnt himself by spilling his cooking on him.

Isn't that worse?
Reply 101
Well, I'm travelling by plane, so it's two suitcases and a back pack for me... wish me luck!
Reply 102
A few large boxes, a big suitcases and a few bags I think :smile: Only 9 days left :smile:
Reply 103
Just finished packing stuff to take to my student house tomorrow, so here's how much I've got:

Two large suitcases for clothes
One large under the bed storage thing for clothes
Laptop Bag
Printer Box
4 x plastic boxes full of decorative stuff for room, things for bathroom/kitchen
3 big bags of food and a box full of food
One ikea bag with loads of random things in
One big bag of shoes
A small suitcase full of bags
Box of toiletries/makeup/medicine/jewllary
Two bags full of bedding
3 Garment bags full of more clothes

And a few other things. We've hired a small van for it :biggrin: I've bought quite a few things which are going to be communally used by the house like shoe rack, bath mat, cleaning materials etc so I will have more stuff than the average person.
Reply 104
I'm off Saturday morning, packed quite a bit today apart from what I'm wearing Friday night/what's in the wash/my PS3 & laptop. It didn't really work as easily as I thought it would, so I've had to bin even more clothes. Shopping spree when I get there I think......

I've got 1 medium suitcase plus 1 laptop backpack (which will be what I take with me on Monday as my backpack I had at 6th form is now broken :rofl:). I've also got a laptop holdall thing which came free with the laptop. I've never used it, but using it Saturday allows me to take more (as I can then put things in my laptop backpack).
Reply 105
I have:

- One fairly large suitcase, and then a much smaller suitcase, where I have all of my clothes and bedding in. I'm hoping I can also fit my shoes in here (I've not got loads, but some are bulky!) otherwise I need a smaller bag for that.
- 1 large storage tub where I've packed most of my electricals and kitchen items, besides a small box of 3 saucepans and a couple of other things.
- Printer in the box it came in
- Smallish box full of toiletries and some general reading books
- Smaller box than previous of stationary/academic books and past notes, as well as a big folder with my past notes
- Pillows/duvet in a plastic bag, which I'm going to sit on in the car
- Tub full of food (tins etc.) that my parents have very kindly bought for me as a starter pack at uni! :smile:
- Very small box for my DVDs
- A tiny bag which has my DVD player in alongside with all chargers etc.
- My laptop bag where I'm going to try and slot some books/DVDs in again
- My bag for college, full of folders
- A rucksack, which at the moment is empty, but I'm going to try and fit something in there, or just try and pack it away otherwise

I think (and hope!) that's about it...

I don't think I've done too badly overall, considering that it is home for most of the year! I'm just hoping that it does all fit in our car! It's mainly boxes, but I've tried to pack quite carefully to make the best of little room :o:
Polo shirts, straight jeans and nike dunks (or boat shoes)....thats all you need + a few t-shirts

buy at least 3 pairs of jeans
Go to H&M, nice and cheap.
Primark is even cheaper
Just wear whatever you wear now...
Reply 110
robinson09

Ahh love your blog :smile:
Reply 111
robinson09
You taking a lot of **** :eek: bringing a hgv? :p:

Better get my act together fast and get my bits.
3+ pairs of jeans, 10+ tees, 5+ polos, 5+ shirts, a few pairs of shoes, a jacket, some knitwear, some hoodies.

That's all you need, no underwear required.
Reply 113
robinson09

Ah, am a big of fan of H&M as well, but with the amout of money i spend in that place in a year, one would think my parents own a share of the outlet.

p.s. just read through you blog, its fabulous
Sam656
You taking a lot of **** :eek: bringing a hgv? :p:

Better get my act together fast and get my bits.

Wow loving how this thread has turned into a blog appreciation thread lol just thought it would be something nice to do.

Yeah well, the mother took me to asda and basically said that her wallet was open so happy days. That shop is crazy though, i got a steam iron for £3.95 (not that i have the foggiest how to use it).

But back to the OP, i do like h&m a fair bit, but the money can still add up. Im sure you've got a fair bit of clothing now, so just make sure you have enough casual stuff, a few smarts, and some stuff for sport (tkmaxx for cheap sport stuff i find).
Reply 115
polos ftw! oh and youll prob need a suit.
Im Just taking warm clothes lol, dont care what others think too much. Not that I dress tatty but if my bums not showing or my pecks arent rippling through my shirt i dont care. Its comin to winter you know!! lol
steadmusic
Im Just taking warm clothes lol, dont care what others think too much. Not that I dress tatty but if my bums not showing or my pecks arent rippling through my shirt i dont care. Its comin to winter you know!! lol

well use those pecs and fight back winter
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
well use those pecs and fight back winter

LOL :biggrin: Ive bin hidin from the weights so they gone down a lil, winter might win!!!!

Wud so rep ya but cant cuz some noob neg rep me so...
Reply 119
Warm clothes are a must (at least this term)

I'd go along with 3/4 pairs of jeans, 7/8 t-shirts, 1 hoodie (as you'll get a couple of Uni ones), 3/4 going out shirts, a jumper,9 pairs of underwear (so you've got enough if you do a wash a couple of days late), 9 pairs of socks, trainers, smart shoes (for going out in town etc). A suit will probs be needed in the second semester.

Latest

Trending

Trending