The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

buy 15 pairs of socks, thats all the clothing you'll need
Argh I hate packing! What makes it worse is that I have boxes of stuff spread over three houses, and I keep forgetting to make lists of where things are so I'm pretty certain I'm going to forget something :frown:

So far I have:
Massive trunk filled with coats, jackets, knitwear and evening dresses
Large suitcase with day dresses, jeans, tshirts and underwear
Large suitcase with shoes
Two bags of jewellery and accessories
Bag of toiletries
Box of stationery/room stuff
Box of linen
Box of bathroom stuff
Box of kitchen stuff
Box of books
Box of food
Sewing machine

Need to take posters/photos/postcards down off my walls (that will be the last thing as I can't bear to see my room naked) and pack laptop, then I'm finally ready! So glad I have a decent sized uni room
Heya all, I'm just starting to worry that i'm going to be the only one with like 6 bags/holdalls of stuff. How much is everyone else taking? Oh and i'm self catered but I don't have to take plates and things!
Reply 123
5/6
Reply 124
Suitcase - Clothes
Box - Kitchen utensils
Box - Plates
Box - Books and electronics
Bag - Sheets
Bag - Bathroom stuff
Bag - Pillows and Duvet
around 6.... I haven't got a clue how I'm going to fit it into my tiny room...
IS anyone here bringing their printer ?
I am!
My dad is hiring a van to take my stuff to uni. Admittedly I'm taking a bike as well.
Reply 129
Printer is useful, yes.

Just put the big things like a computer in a bag and carry them to the car. Then when you get to the car, remember you haven't brought the cables for it and you also need more forks. But you're also running late so just throw all of these things into odd places in the car. If you're going by train put them in your pockets. That's how you pack.
lots of boxes. I have enough stuff to cover our spare bed
Reply 131
Don't worry, no one actually cares how much stuff you're taking. You'll probably catch the briefest glimpse of other people's packing as you go back and forth from your room to the car, but that's as far as it'll go. Then if you get your parents to hang around and help you unpack, you won't have a huge pile of bags in your room when your flatmates start coming round to say hi.
17 i think.
Reply 133
I moved in with 2 car fulls! :p:
(It was awful walking up the stairs to the top floor though...)
Bring as much as you think you'll need! Don't leave something behind just in case you'll look silly. :smile:
Reply 134
:frown: One suitcase, this sucks. Flying in all the way from 2000km away.

All I can say is people, stop being embarrassed about how much you're taking (which, incidentally, doesn't seem too much to me) and be happy you can move comfortably taking everything you need. :p:
However much I can carry/strap about my person. Once again I've been told that I cant have a lift, so Im getting the train.
Reply 136
i have atm and havent finished packing about 10 boxes, 4 bags, 2 suitcases!!!
i hope im not on a top floor to have to carry it all too! haha
jelzy
i have atm and havent finished packing about 10 boxes, 4 bags, 2 suitcases!!!
i hope im not on a top floor to have to carry it all too! haha

i'm sooo glad that someone else has 2 suitcases! :yep:
Reply 138
One large hold-all full of clothes
One very large box full of books and some games (need to repack it into several smaller boxes, I can't even lift it)
Two carrier bags full of games
One box with several games consoles in it
My TV (19" screen)
My computer, monitor and speakers
And probably a bag full of miscellaneous stuff that's lying around or gets forgotten until the last minute

Yeah... fitting it all in my room is going to be fun, we're taking it up in the family car (8 seater) and I reckon it'll fill a good chunk of it up
I still need to pack and i'm going tomorrow :sigh:
(but 1 suitcase, 1 medium sized bag, duvet & several pillows and a few carrier bags. Going by coach so i hope there's enough room)

Latest

Trending

Trending