Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Fresher Q&A Thread 2009

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    This is the price you pay for thinking you're too good to follow the same system as everyone else.
    pwish :/ wasn't my idea the first place. I was forced to it for personal reasons.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stay at a guy's house :thumbsup:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bring It On!)
    pwish :/ wasn't my idea the first place. I was forced to it for personal reasons.
    And now you have to suffer the consequences. Enjoy being the odd one out.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Make friends with someone that looks like you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tag along and hope you don't get ID'd. :p:
    Thats what I would do anyway.
    Or I've heard of people showing their ID, despite the birthday on it being underage and still getting in.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Make friends with someone that looks like you
    How would that help?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people start Uni at 17 - you'll be fine!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    How would that help?
    OK, let me re-phrase that. Make friends with someone who looks like you, but is over 18 with ID. (I assume almost everyone else there will be.)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    How would that help?
    Swap IDs
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    OK, let me re-phrase that. Make friends with someone who looks like you, but is over 18 with ID. (I assume almost everyone else there will be.)
    Yeah so then you go somewhere with that person, you both get ID'd and you enter and who cares about you friend? :p:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinitoo1)
    Yeah so then you go somewhere with that person, you both get ID'd and you enter and who cares about you friend? :p:
    Most people have more than one form of ID (passport and DL), and you would go in separately, obviously. Erm, not that I'm condoning anything illegal of course, it was just a suggestion :p:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Swap IDs
    At least somebody else got what I meant! :five:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get a six-pack of Pandy Shandy and watch Strictly Come Dancing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahlousie)
    ah right cool, do you look older than 17? you might get away without getting asked for ID on student nights. You might not have any problems going on nights out to your student union because at my student union they just ask to see your student card on entry and not ID.
    This. If your union just want student ID you'll have no problem getting in, mine never asked for additional ID, if you were as student that was good enough! The other option is to find out if theres a time when your union start checking IDs - mine never did before about 8pm so my little sister used to come down with me at about 7 and then just wait until the place filled up. Once you're in they'll serve you without checking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really would do a gap year, work hard and earn money. Uni will not be the same at all being 17. You will get in nowhere in london at 17 without getting id'd
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Swap IDs
    Oh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    wow this is depressing Will I have no chance in making friends without nightouts and alcohol?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    have no worries

if you go there in good spirit you will make friends and stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is the price you pay for thinking you're too good to follow the same system as everyone else.
    this doesn't apply to the OP but the age thing is different in scotland..alot of people finish school at the age of 17 after thier final year.

there arelots of people in my halls with this problem..they've been borrowing driver's licence and a couple of like,boots cards/tesco clubcards/blood donor cards with the person's name on it.
    and the older person will just use thier own passport and everybody's happy.

the other option is flat parties...and at least that way you'll alsohave somewhere to stay.:yep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

when we were 17, we were stuck in 6th form. :fuhrer:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2009
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.