The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I know that the Manchester prospectus states that they prefer grades to be obtained from first sittings, but I can't see how they would know, unless your AS grades are exceptionally low compared to your A level predictions.
Reply 2
domjohn
I know that the Manchester prospectus states that they prefer grades to be obtained from first sittings, but I can't see how they would know, unless your AS grades are exceptionally low compared to your A level predictions.

Because you have to put all a-levels and year taken on your UCAS form (i.e Law A2 2004 - E, Law A2 2005 - B type thing).

UCAS do do form checks...
Reply 3
Yes, but when the majority of people apply they only have AS grades, and therefore the Universities can't tell whether any units have been retaken since the January exams.......
Reply 4
domjohn
Yes, but when the majority of people apply they only have AS grades, and therefore the Universities can't tell whether any units have been retaken since the January exams.......

the poster hasn't made clear whther he's talking about full retakes, or module retakes...
Reply 5
I think most unis accapt that people are going to resit a couple of modules to boost their grades. With the system we have in place it's inevitable.
Reply 6
There are people at my college re-sitting everything imaginable..
Year resits - yes.
Modular resits - They can't reject you on the basis of them, so who cares? They my discriminate against you for having bad AS grades *if* you put them down, but that's about it.
Reply 8
I know a guy who f**ked up his first (AS) year to say the least. He decided to re-take the whole year and now not one decent university will even look at him: no Oxford interview, no Durham & no LSE. I think he has place at that god awful 'uclan' place. Why do they call themselves that? Is it supposed to be cool, hip and trendy?
ryan342
I know a guy who f**ked up his first (AS) year to say the least. He decided to re-take the whole year and now not one decent university will even look at him: no Oxford interview, no Durham & no LSE. I think he has place at that god awful 'uclan' place. Why do they call themselves that? Is it supposed to be cool, hip and trendy?

just because he is repeating his AS year?

do you mean he is taking all his AS's again, together with his A2's or just doing the AS year from scratch. if its the latter, can't he just pretend he had a gap year between GCSE and AS levels?
Reply 10
He did his AS year and totally messed up. He repeated his first year and now he's in his A2 year but he's a year older than all of us. I'm not sure what he said had happened on his UCAS form. I's lie and claim a gap year, yeah definately.

Latest

Trending

Trending