The Student Room Group

Can I apply to Pakistan...???

Hi TSR,

As you already know from reading my other posts, I wish to study Pharmacy at University.

I know how the UCAS system works within the U.K but I am wondering how it works internationally...

I am looking at abroad study in the US, Europe, Pakistan and India.

Here is a link to the University of Karachi website for Pharmacy:

http://www.uok.edu.pk/faculties/pharmacy/index.php

My brother wishes to apply for Dentistry and also has considered abroad - Dentistry at the University of Bombay:

http://www.mu.ac.in/courses/dentistry.html

So does anybody know the process if we wish to look further into these course?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know anything about the process, but be aware that if you gain qualifications in those countries it will probably require quite some effort to get them accredited in the UK.
I wouldn't recommend studying in Pakistan at the moment, tbh. It's a politically volatile country, one toppling on the brink of collapse.
Reply 3
Hold on why pakistan ?
KwungSun
I don't know anything about the process, but be aware that if you gain qualifications in those countries it will probably require quite some effort to get them accredited in the UK.

have you been in a hospital lately?
Reply 5
KwungSun

Thanks for the quick response.

My question was regarded to International Study as a U.K National in general. :p:

The use of 'Pakistan' drew people in to read the thread. :ninja:

So what about Dentistry, that's B.D.S accredited which is the same as this country so the qualification is not useless?
Reply 6
near_comatose
have you been in a hospital lately?

If you wanted to be a doctor in the UK would you really think Pakistan was the best place to get your degree?
Reply 7
gkay2009
Thanks for the quick response.

My question was regarded to International Study as a U.K National in general. :p:

The use of 'Pakistan' drew people in to read the thread. :ninja:

So what about Dentistry, that's B.D.S accredited which is the same as this country so the qualification is not useless?

You will have to sit some sort of exam i am sure equivalent to the PLAB for medicine i guess if you get degree from there...
Reply 8
Pakist .. Wait, wut? Pakistan?
Did you not even find a place at any UK university through clearing? :lolwut:
Reply 9
you're in a country with some of the best universities in the world, yet you want to study in pakistan?
Lol, I mentioned this thread to my mum, and even she asked if you were crazy.
Not a good idea. :no:
Reply 11
Cultivated
Pakist .. Wait, wut? Pakistan?
Did you not even find a place at any UK university through clearing? :lolwut:

Clearing?

I'm just about to start AS and my brother has just finished AS.

I was just wondering.
gkay2009
Clearing?

I'm just about to start AS and my brother has just finished AS.

I was just wondering.

I think you should stay here. Come to Wembley, it's almost like Pakistan :h:
Reply 13
jaz_jaz
you're in a country with some of the best universities in the world, yet you want to study in pakistan?

Read above...

This thread was for general international study including the US & Europe.

The 'Pakistan' was to draw people in and it obviously worked. :o:
Reply 14
Cultivated
I think you should stay here. Come to Wembley, it's almost like Pakistan :h:

LOL!

Can somebody tell me the real procedure for International Study?
Reply 15
gkay2009
LOL!

Can somebody tell me the real procedure for International Study?

i can't even begin to imagine what's going through your head right now :lolwut:

but, most countries other than the uk don't actually have a centralised application system like we have here in the uk, so you will probably have to apply to each university on an individual basis, just check their websites.

you're crazy though :eek3:

edit: university of mumbai's website is ****. wtf is going on? half the page is off my screen
KwungSun
If you wanted to be a doctor in the UK would you really think Pakistan was the best place to get your degree?

considering the number of pakistani or other south asian/middle eastern doctors in the hospitals here, i don't think it can hurt much, in any case don't you have to do like a couple of years after university anyway?
Reply 17
Nfixlol
i can't even begin to imagine what's going through your head right now :lolwut:

but, most countries other than the uk don't actually have a centralised application system like we have here in the uk, so you will probably have to apply to each university on an individual basis, just check their websites.

you're crazy though :eek3:

edit: university of mumbai's website is ****. wtf is going on? half the page is off my screen

So I can apply to them in addition to my UCAS applications?

Will the universities here know?

I probably won't do this but I want the option open and also I want to travel and stuff in life and become adventurous. :p:
Reply 18
gkay2009
So I can apply to them in addition to my UCAS applications?

Will the universities here know?

I probably won't do this but I want the option open and also I want to travel and stuff in life and become adventurous. :p:

yeah i think it is in addition to your UCAS, and no i don't think there universities here will know, and you'll be pleased to hear as far as i'm aware you can apply to how many ever you like, just that that will be ridiculously long as each uni is likely to ask for an essay or two :shot:

this is mostly based on my knowledge of how applying to the states works, but i'm quite sure it should be fairly accurate

if you want adventure or some sort of life experience a gap year is what you want, or a normal course with a year abroad; not university in pakistan. university in pakistan will have a lot less 'adventure' than university here, i imagine
Reply 19
gkay2009
Hi TSR,

As you already know from reading my other posts, I wish to study Pharmacy at University.

I know how the UCAS system works within the U.K but I am wondering how it works internationally...

I am looking at abroad study in the US, Europe, Pakistan and India.

Here is a link to the University of Karachi website for Pharmacy:

http://www.uok.edu.pk/faculties/pharmacy/index.php

My brother wishes to apply for Dentistry and also has considered abroad - Dentistry at the University of Bombay:

http://www.mu.ac.in/courses/dentistry.html

So does anybody know the process if we wish to look further into these course?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. :smile:
TSR is a UK site with expertise in the UK system. If you want to find out about other systems that's up to you. I am moving this in to the International section just in case there's someone there with some information to share, but I wouldn't count on it. You and your brother need to make your own enquiries.

Latest

Trending

Trending