The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Kirsteneg
We're not allowed to go home. :frown: And I have 'free periods' all day Wednesday but still have to go in. And they say you get more indepenence in 6th year. pfft!

Yeah its stupid.

If it wasn't for form class i woudnt have to go in till 11am on a monday :frown:
Reply 81
My free periods consisted of sitting on the sofas in the common room and buying stuff from the Asda next to our school...my year had a bad habit of buying things like whole cheesecakes and big trifles and trying to eat them...only to get killed by full stomachs and sicklyness :P
Reply 82
All the scots have come out to play.
Well, this is the Scottish Qualifications subforum.
Reply 84
Jarexi
All the scots have come out to play.

:facepalm:
and.........
Reply 85
Kirsteneg
Our school sucks. They actually make us study in our free peiods supervised. :frown:

So did ours :frown: But I only got one a day anyway, and was usually hugely grateful of them to do a bit of actual studying in. When I didnt have much needing doing I'd either just read, skive off to do music stuff, or grab some friends and go for a wander.

On fridays I'd quite often skip my last class and study period and me and a friend would drive home after lunch :p: Good times....
Reply 86
Kirsteneg
:facepalm:
and.........

Nothing :p:

It was an appreciation of the page full of scottish flags.
Reply 87
Jarexi
Nothing :p:

It was an appreciation of the page full of scottish flags.

Ah. :five:
I'm skiving this year so much it hurts. Our school is so lenient, we can basically do what we want. I just CBA'd with school last Monday, so went in for first then just came home and went back to bed. I will not be pulled up for it. And, I'm a prefect into the bargain :rofl:
TimmyVermicelli
I just CBA'd with school last Monday, so went in for first then just came home and went back to bed. I will not be pulled up for it.

That's the way, my friend, that's the way.
Reply 90
Wow. This thread became really popular, really quickly. :rolleyes:
OK!

Maths - There wasn't that big a jump but between people haven't forgotten stuff from higher and convincing themselves it's an impossible course and not trying anyway, a lot of people don't always do as well as you might expect them to.

Applied Maths - No jump at all obviously :p:

Music - Absolutely minimal jump. You need need to play grade 5 instead of 4 and you need to be slightly better at picking things out with the theory. That's pretty much all.

Chemistry - Fair jump, a lot more to remember and if you got through higher by memorising instead of understanding it'll be a bit tricky. Other than that, the investigation doesn't have to require that much work.

Physics - Probably the biggest gap out of what i've done. Concepts are a fair bit more advanced, and there's a lot to cover. It can get a bit abstract aswell. The investigation needing uncertainties and at least 3 experiments puts it to a level a rigour chemistry doesn't have I reckon.

For free period, a fair few were taken up with the student council. I ended up chairperson somehow :p: I also helped teach a higher class and a 1st year class at chemistry. I was part of a group that was planning this conference we were holding in june that people from other countries came too. Poker in the area is also quite a good way of passing time, for a bit at least.
I found adv. higher chem enough of a chore to drop it the day the experiment report was due in because I'd already met my offer :smile:
TimmyVermicelli
I just CBA'd with school last Monday, so went in for first then just came home and went back to bed. I will not be pulled up for it.

Legend.
Reply 94
ArcadiaHouse
*jaw drops @ your grades :shock:*

I know, can't wait to get out of this **** hole.

Haha cheers :biggrin:
Only 8ish months to go!

Maths has suddenly become ******* impossible. Don't get calculus at all. I miss matrices :frown:
C274
Maths has suddenly become ******* impossible. Don't get calculus at all. I miss matrices :frown:

:p: Post in the Scottish qualifications forum, or the maths one. The maths forum will usually get you a very quick answer.
Reply 96
The jump hasnt been too bad with English or Art so far, but the difference with History is quite big and quite scary. :/ and free periods are when we play endless games of Uno. S'gooood :P
Reply 97
TheUnbeliever
:p: Post in the Scottish qualifications forum, or the maths one. The maths forum will usually get you a very quick answer.

I will do when I can bring myself to look at the questions.
i sat friendless in most frees as most of my friends went to colleges elsewhere or had lessons when i was free.
I hated it, partly because i was really badly suffering anorexia and as a perfectionist found it hard to achieve perfection when cold, hungry, exhausted and in pain with few friends around.
In terms of exams and work... It was like GCSE but just a lot more of it and slightly more difficult concepts... all based on effort rather than actual intelligence anyway.

Good thing I put a lot of effort in.

Latest

Trending

Trending