The Student Room Group

Chem Eng at Imperial with only As physics?

Well basically, I do biology, chemistry and maths at A2 and i also have german at As.
Do you think it would make my chances better if i took AS physics? is physics really necessary?
I wanted to apply to Imperial. although the requirements say that maths and chemistry is required, and physics and biology are suitable as a third subject. I feel as though physics may be preferred to biology because it is an engineering course.
Can anyone help me with this?
Physics will definately be preferred and some unis find it more necessary for engineering courses more than others. Generally, most of the students applying for chemical engineering usually have physics at the full A-level so relative to the high standard applicants of Imperial...I think you should have Physics at AS at LEAST!
Reply 2
ahh yeah i thought so. thanks alot for your help. Maybe I'll just stick to chemistry then.
Reply 3
A friend of mine is doing Chem Eng here; he didn't take Physics and seemed to be coping fine with the course. So it is possible, but bear in mind Imperial is increasing their entry requirements all the time. That being said he did have some good work experience before he came here.

Latest