The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Thank you, thank you, thank you very very very much lol
Reply 2
Bump... exam tomorrow - if anyone is desperate for notes, get them now!

Good luck! x x x
think I repped you before, but when I've repped another six I'll probably try to remember to rep you again :wink: your notes are really great, and definitely helped me a lot with my module 2 AS AQA today, which I've hopefully scored highly in (combined with my module 1 mark, hopefully if I'm lucky, it will get me my A despite the fact I screwed up a bit on module 3 due to not being able to cope with the time limits! Fingers crossed) Well done on your high mark and good luck with A2 :biggrin:
Reply 4
*Bethany*
think I repped you before, but when I've repped another six I'll probably try to remember to rep you again :wink: your notes are really great, and definitely helped me a lot with my module 2 AS AQA today, which I've hopefully scored highly in (combined with my module 1 mark, hopefully if I'm lucky, it will get me my A despite the fact I screwed up a bit on module 3 due to not being able to cope with the time limits! Fingers crossed) Well done on your high mark and good luck with A2 :biggrin:

I'm glad you found them helpful - it seemed such a waste them sitting on my computer since last summer! :smile:

I'm sure you'll have done very well (last year I thought I'd done absolutely terribly in Unit 3 - literally - and I got the highest mark out of all three units on it - so just wait and see!) Time limits are awful though... I don't think I've ever finished an exam - I always need a couple of extra minutes - my friend reckons I should have faked dyslexia at the start of College to get extra time, but I couldn't! :biggrin:

Got A2 exams next Monday and Wednesday - am literally sh*tting myself - there is SO much to learn it is quite unbelievable. Oh well, we can only do our best at the end of the day! x x x
Lauren18
I'm glad you found them helpful - it seemed such a waste them sitting on my computer since last summer! :smile:

I'm sure you'll have done very well (last year I thought I'd done absolutely terribly in Unit 3 - literally - and I got the highest mark out of all three units on it - so just wait and see!) Time limits are awful though... I don't think I've ever finished an exam - I always need a couple of extra minutes - my friend reckons I should have faked dyslexia at the start of College to get extra time, but I couldn't! :biggrin:

Got A2 exams next Monday and Wednesday - am literally sh*tting myself - there is SO much to learn it is quite unbelievable. Oh well, we can only do our best at the end of the day! x x x

I hope so - but I just want to get my A! Although I have to say I wouldn't turn my nose up at a high A :wink: not that I deserve it having skipped so much of law this term. Is OCR module 3 similar to AQA module 3? Ours is the one where it's worth more marks and you have to apply legal principles to cases in criminal law and tort. I just think the time limit's ridiculous for it - 5 essays in one hour, god.

:laugh: Same here, I start speeding up when I start running out of time, but I inevitably end up thinking I could've used an extra 5 mins or so, being as I'm rubbish at timing and end up writing the last q in less than 5 mins

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do fabulously :biggrin: also, with such a strong AS performance it's got to take some pressure off for the law :smile: What other subjects dyu take?

Very true - that's what I keep telling myself! xx
Reply 6
*Bethany*
I hope so - but I just want to get my A! Although I have to say I wouldn't turn my nose up at a high A :wink: not that I deserve it having skipped so much of law this term. Is OCR module 3 similar to AQA module 3? Ours is the one where it's worth more marks and you have to apply legal principles to cases in criminal law and tort. I just think the time limit's ridiculous for it - 5 essays in one hour, god.

:laugh: Same here, I start speeding up when I start running out of time, but I inevitably end up thinking I could've used an extra 5 mins or so, being as I'm rubbish at timing and end up writing the last q in less than 5 mins

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do fabulously :biggrin: also, with such a strong AS performance it's got to take some pressure off for the law :smile: What other subjects dyu take?

Very true - that's what I keep telling myself! xx

OCR module 3 for AS is called Sources of Law - there are sources with compulsory questions, you get a choice between 2 sources (delegated legislation, statutory interpretation, EU law, doctrine of precedent etc). It's worth 40% of the grade, and it is probably quite similar to your AQA module, apart from it's based on the English Legal System. 5 essays in one hour is ridiculous - there's no way you can do an essay in 12 minutes!

Thanks for the good lucking - in some ways there is less pressure than if I'd just scaped an A last year; but in another way there's more - because if I don't get a good overall grade then I'll have done really, really badly this year; and won't get into Uni! That said, I'm not complaining - I only need roughly 65% this year to get an A overall; which is a nice thing to remind myself of when I'm stressed with revision.

I do English Language and Politics too - hopefully should keep my A in English (as I got a v high mark last year); but need to get a B or above in Politics for Uni; which is a bit risky. Just got an A last year, so *hopefully* I can do roughly the same this year.

Word of advice - if you have time, try to make revision notes as you go through your A2s - it will be a godsend when you're trying to revise - you learn so much more in A2 than AS!

Anyway... revision calls!

Hope you get the results you want x x x
Lauren18
OCR module 3 for AS is called Sources of Law - there are sources with compulsory questions, you get a choice between 2 sources (delegated legislation, statutory interpretation, EU law, doctrine of precedent etc). It's worth 40% of the grade, and it is probably quite similar to your AQA module, apart from it's based on the English Legal System. 5 essays in one hour is ridiculous - there's no way you can do an essay in 12 minutes!

Thanks for the good lucking - in some ways there is less pressure than if I'd just scaped an A last year; but in another way there's more - because if I don't get a good overall grade then I'll have done really, really badly this year; and won't get into Uni! That said, I'm not complaining - I only need roughly 65% this year to get an A overall; which is a nice thing to remind myself of when I'm stressed with revision.

I do English Language and Politics too - hopefully should keep my A in English (as I got a v high mark last year); but need to get a B or above in Politics for Uni; which is a bit risky. Just got an A last year, so *hopefully* I can do roughly the same this year.

Word of advice - if you have time, try to make revision notes as you go through your A2s - it will be a godsend when you're trying to revise - you learn so much more in A2 than AS!

Anyway... revision calls!

Hope you get the results you want x x x

I think so, AQA are strange - as far as I can make out (I may well be wrong) they changed the exams from 1 1/2 to 1 hour, without changing the number of questions. It seems that their concession was to allow you to get full marks if you describe "one sound, one clear". Surely it makes more sense to give people more time and expect more from them? Weird.

Well just look on the bright side - having to get 65% is a lot less stressful than having to get 80%+ - really does pay to get high AS results! Hopefully if all went well in Chaucer&Williams paper, my English will be high as I got 90/90 for the other two, but Law, History and French could all go either way :frown:

You're completely right - the reason learning law in 5 days was so stressful to me was cos I was learning it from scratch. Next year, like you say, I'm going to make notes weeks in advance and just leave the *real* revision til the last minute - I wasted 2 of those 5 days just typing up the notes I needed to revise from :rolleyes:

hope you do too! xx

Latest

Trending

Trending