The Student Room Group
Reply 1
what is the freshers ball?

are you talking about the cambridge union or CUSU?

if you're talking about 'signing up', presumably you mean the prior. everybody is certainly not a member.
Reply 2
The cambridge union, obviously everyone is a member of CUSU when they join the uni right? there is a freshers ball on october 9th apparently...
Reply 3
Everyone is a member of CUSU, which does a whole load of stuff that you're never really aware of but is apparently good.
The Cambridge Union Society (CUS) is a debating body which a number of undergrads choose to join. Get to go to debates, ents, see guest speakers, use the Union library and so on.. Worth joining up early for the discount (£115 for life currently).

Fresher's week info here: http://www.cus.org/freshersweek1/
Looks like there is a ball thing. You'll need to be a Union member to get into CUS ents so if you're interested in going, you should pay up soonish.
For most Union social events non members can go but the tickets are more expensive and members get priority(that's how I remember it being last year anyhow)

I'd advise you to join if you have the money, life membership is about a hundred pounds, so if you're going to go a couple of times a term for your three years then it'll be worth it.
Reply 5
roxy potter
For most Union social events non members can go but the tickets are more expensive and members get priority(that's how I remember it being last year anyhow)

I'd advise you to join if you have the money, life membership is about a hundred pounds, so if you're going to go a couple of times a term for your three years then it'll be worth it.

Or you find someone in the union who isn't going and looks like you and you borrow their card. easy.
^ That is also an option. I did some competitive debating, so I had to join anyways :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending