The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Geeeeeeoooorgiiiies! I applied there (was my insurance) and they definitely had the fairest admissions process of any of the places applied. And the whole walking straight out of the medical school into hospital thing is awesome.

According to the on-call at my local I shouldn't apply to Barts for clinical. I think he mumbled something or other about it being in a deprived area? Hm... sounded dubious.

Also, the london-y applicants are evil. Who would ever need to apply to four london medical schools?
digitalis
Good UKCAT score =/= guaranteed interview at Barts was the point I was making.

oh right sorry. I thought they rank applicants by ukcat for interview selection and pick the top scorers :confused:
digitalis
Good UKCAT score =/= guaranteed interview at Barts was the point I was making.

For 2009 entry, people with 612.5 were guaranteed an interview, no?
Do you really want to apply to St George's? I'm only saying this because, from what I've read, you're applying there because somebody said they don't care about the UKCAT. If I've got this wrong, I'm sorry, but I've read 1000x you must choose your universities because you want to go there. And if you've got your heart set on King's, then go for it. Otherwise you'll always think 'what if'... :smile:
Tyraell
Geeeeeeoooorgiiiies! I applied there (was my insurance) and they definitely had the fairest admissions process of any of the places applied. And the whole walking straight out of the medical school into hospital thing is awesome.

According to the on-call at my local I shouldn't apply to Barts for clinical. I think he mumbled something or other about it being in a deprived area? Hm... sounded dubious.

Also, the london-y applicants are evil. Who would ever need to apply to four london medical schools?

Why "evil"?
Some people have personal reasons/want to.
felt_monkey
Do you really want to apply to St George's? I'm only saying this because, from what I've read, you're applying there because somebody said they don't care about the UKCAT. If I've got this wrong, I'm sorry, but I've read 1000x you must choose your universities because you want to go there. And if you've got your heart set on King's, then go for it. Otherwise you'll always think 'what if'... :smile:

:lolwut: Sorry, what? When did I say that?! If you were correct, then halfway through this thread I would have said "yeah, I'll go for SGUL then" which I did not. I actually like SGUL....
Reply 26
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Why "evil"?

Yeah agreed. But there are also the ones who apply only to London ones because they're either lazy or short-sighted. Those ones make me mad. *shakey fist*

Although I did apply to two of them (don't tell anybody). :o:
Tyraell
Yeah agreed. But there are also the ones who apply only to London ones because they're either lazy or short-sighted. Those ones make me mad. *shakey fist*

Although I did apply to two of them (don't tell anybody). :o:

:awesome: your secret's completely safe with me...and the rest of TSR :p:
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

Imperial College School of Medicine: “The Nerds” (never seen without: prescription glasses)

Barts and the London: “The Morons” (never seen without: Bag o’ skunk)

St. George’s: “The Loners” (never seen without: rape alarm)

Guy’s, King’s and St. Thomas’s: “The Rudes” (never seen without: zig-zag sideburns)

Royal Free & University College: “The Dandies” (never seen without: scarf fluttering gaily in the wind)

Medical Student newspaper
Tyraell
Having the longest student bar in London did it for me...not that it had anything to do with it being the only offer I got of course! :shh:

What was your firm incidently?
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
:lolwut: Sorry, what? When did I say that?! If you were correct, then halfway through this thread I would have said "yeah, I'll go for SGUL then" which I did not. I actually like SGUL....

Which is why I said 'if I've got this wrong, I'm sorry'.
i'm no superman
Having the longest student bar in London did it for me...not that it had anything to do with it being the only offer I got of course! :shh:

wow, st georges for me!! :cool:
I don't see anything to risky about those choices Cape. I think you should go for it. If not, perhaps forget UCL and avoid the dread that is the BMAT?
Reply 33
As controversial as it might be Digitalis, a good UKCAT score probably will be enough to get you an interview at Barts. After that its all up to you though.

I wouldn't get too bogged down in the whole London thing. I've met some spectacularly clever people here, some people putting together an amazing career (Note the two sitting separately), some very passionate, decent doctors and some embarrassing idiots. I'm pretty sure its the same as every other school in the UK. Saying that, Barts has an amazing clinical school, for exactly the same reason as your friend said not to reply.
i'm no superman

Don't forget Jenner's cow hide!!! :wizard:
I wouldn't not apply to four just because they're all in London. If that's where you want to be and they're your four favourite medical schools then what's the point of applying anywhere else?
Phalanges
I wouldn't not apply to four just because they're all in London. If that's where you want to be and they're your four favourite medical schools then what's the point of applying anywhere else?

....are you jonnyofengland?
Reply 37
i'm no superman

Firm was ox. Mind you, only because we have loads of not-for-profit (CHEAP) college bars. The longest bar was a close second, though.
Reply 38
Hippysnake
I don't see anything to risky about those choices Cape. I think you should go for it. If not, perhaps forget UCL and avoid the dread that is the BMAT?

Why do people dread the BMAT to such an extent?

I much prefer it to the UKCAT.
Codeine
Why do people dread the BMAT to such an extent?

I much prefer it to the UKCAT.

The real BMAT test is beyond difficult...I hear. For real, it's a killer.

Latest

Trending

Trending