The Student Room Group

Deferred entry for 2010- Predicted grades?

Hello everyone

I was just wondering whether this has occured to anyone of you before,and would be in the same situation as people having gap year.

Well,I have finished all my alevels,but I took up extra AS subject and completing full-Alevel this year. I wish to apply this year for university.

What would the predicted grades be like?Is there any chances I can persuade my teacher to predict higher for UCAS, since my results weren't bad. Plus retake would move myself up onto higher grades. I never heard any experiences like mine,all bit different. Who should I talk to?Or is it too late?If it is,I am finished... :frown:

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
If your grades weren't too bad and you have a fourth A level why are you worrying about predictions??
First of all you have your good A levels so focus on making the fourth one as good if not better.

I don't know why people get so hung up about going to "the best" universities because truthfully there isn't a best university, it is about you mainly and how much you are willing to make of your degree.

A 2:1 from Oxford will be over shadowed by a First from a non-Russell group University, this has happened to so many people I know in HE.
Reply 2
I think predicted grades take rather crucial part for unis when making decisions.Well,my grades last year werent bad,but werent great,that's why I am worried.

Do you have any solutions?Should I talk to my ex-subjects teachers or anything else?Because I believe unis definitely want predicted grades!Plus I am retaking..
Reply 3
Anyone?:frown:
Reply 4
And people,I didn't apply last year,because I wanted to finish one of my subject,but some unis stated that you spply a deferred entry in the year you supposed to apply,so I am quite worried.Do you think unis accept this circumstances?

Please anyone help?

Latest

Trending

Trending