Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Home Grown Rule Introduced

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    He captained our reserve side during a season I think. The key thing is, he's under our control and we're making all the decisions for him. Also you forget the reasoning behind the home grown rule. It's to stop teams like Chelsea/City from literally buying a team from outside England. Us signing Nordtveit at such a young age means we'll be developing him. When he comes back from loan he won't walk into the squad, he'll still be developing. A better example would have been Vela :ninja:. However he was shipped out on loan for passport reasons. Players like Bendtner, Clichy, Denilson, Song were all developed by Wenger and his staff. They wern't bought and put into the first 11, like Chelsea/City.
    I got negged for this post, I really am hated around these threads :gah:

Probably a City fan who couldn't handle the truth
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I got negged for this post, I really am hated around these threads :gah:

Probably a City fan who couldn't handle the truth
    :yep:

The home grown rule is being introduced to encourage development of young players and to somewhat limit the spending by clubs. While it still allows club to buy from abroad it also encourages them to buy from within their own league to satisfy the HG quota.

Does anybody know if the quota is adjusted downwards, eg. Chelsea only register 7 HG players, are they restricted to 16 non HG players or are they still allowed 17?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good for British football IMO.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    All the same, we should buy out all the French sperm banks to ensure talent for years to come. Buy everything before any more ludicrous measures come in.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    All the same, we should buy out all the French sperm banks to ensure talent for years to come. Buy everything before any more ludicrous measures come in.
    By that I take it you mean "Buy everything before a measure that actually affects Arsenal comes in"? :p:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    By that I take it you mean "Buy everything before a measure that actually affects Arsenal comes in"? :p:
    Always there with that razor sharp wit, Dali.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2009
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.