The Student Room Group

Masters/Post-Graduate Study 2010-11: Need Advice On Where To Start

I am a undergraduate student who is study BA Religious Studies in the third year, and is contemplating on doing Post- Graduate studies(MA) in the area of Theology/Religious for the academic year 2010-11, and needs some advice on where to start. I have looked at some institutions sites and their post-graduate degree content for Theology/Religious studies but need more information on how i should start applying for a Masters.
Reply 1
So no-one has any advice to offer?
Reply 2
Matthew12
So no-one has any advice to offer?

Could you be a bit more specific about what exactly you'd like to have advice on?
Reply 3
Matthew12
I am a undergraduate student who is study BA Religious Studies in the third year, and is contemplating on doing Post- Graduate studies(MA) in the area of Theology/Religious for the academic year 2010-11, and needs some advice on where to start. I have looked at some institutions sites and their post-graduate degree content for Theology/Religious studies but need more information on how i should start applying for a Masters.

Go to each relevant uni website and read the application instructions as there is no UCAS system for postgrads, it's all direct to each relevant uni. Plus go to findamasters.com & prospects.ac.uk to search for courses & general advice.
I think you've made a good start already by looking at prospective courses. If this is something you definitely want to study, make a shortlist of universities and go to their open days. Research ways of funding your course and start applying in December.

Applying for a postgraduate course is somewhat different from the undergraduate system. There is no postgrad equivalent of UCAS and you can apply to as many courses as you want (within reason).

Also remember that there are no student loans or grants and you may end up paying for the course out of your own pocket.

Latest

Trending

Trending