The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

The St Andrews, Freshers Week, Meet-up Thread '09 - see first post for details :)

Hello!

We have another thread with much discussion of this, but this thread is to finalise and communicate the plans. If you don't like the plans, then post here :smile:

Anyone is welcome, but we are meeting in a pub in St Andrews. There's no pressure to drink anything alcoholic. I might force-feed you all nachos though :wink:

The confirmed plan is:
Wednesday of freshers week
7.30-8.30pm
In the Whey Pat

We will definitely stay in the Whey Pat for the time outlined above, and after that, we may decide to go elsewhere. If we decide anywhere in advance, I'll post times and locations here as well :smile:

The Whey Pat is near the petrol station and roundabout by the big stone arch at the western end of South Street. If you put 'Whey Pat St Andrews' into Google Maps, it also shows you a handy picture :smile:

I will make a TSR sign, and I'm currently thinking we can all wear hats or pyjamas or red scarves or something like that, to identify the group.

I will try to finalise plans before freshers week begins, but it might be wise to check here before the meet-up, just in case :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I think the plans are great, but unfortunately the prospect of seeing Jon Richardson is too appealing for me :o: I'd love to see some of you guys another time though if anything's ever happening!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Meteorshower
I think the plans are great, but unfortunately the prospect of seeing Jon Richardson is too appealing for me :o: I'd love to see some of you guys another time though if anything's ever happening!

:eek: This is just because I said I'd force-feed you nachos and you don't like them, isn't it? :p:

Certainly we can meet up later in the semester once things have calmed down a bit :smile:
Reply 3
Eugh I think I'm going to the comedy show too :frown:
Hmm... if a lot of people want to go to the comedy thing, we could meet earlier in the afternoon, maybe 3 or 4ish.

OR we could meet up a wee bit earlier and then people can go to other stuff later in the evening. It depends when stuff in the Union kicks off.
Ohh! Is thursday night the comedy night? Its the only one i go to :frown:
Reply 6
I'll come, don't mind eating all the nachos! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hurrah! Calendar'd.

Sanzhar
University of St. Andrew's

No apostrophe, on your profile too.
The comedy night is seeming popular... and I expect people will be busy over the weekend.

Would Tuesday or Wednesday at a similar time suit more people?
Reply 9
As I said in the other thread, not a st andrean student, or a fresher, but I might make an appearance:p:
When's your freshers week?
Slumpy
As I said in the other thread, not a st andrean student, or a fresher, but I might make an appearance:p:
When's your freshers week?

Next week.

I was planning on going to the comedy thing as well, sounds like Tues or Weds might be better. I think I might be out on Weds already, but see what everyone elses opinion is.
Reply 11
Oh, I should point out incase anyone is interested, Octopussy is on every Thursday until November in fatties apparently.
I've never been, but apparently it's a good night.
Reply 12
I have a feeling this will be very last minute.
Reply 13
Slumpy
Oh, I should point out incase anyone is interested, Octopussy is on every Thursday until November in fatties apparently.
I've never been, but apparently it's a good night.

it's coming to st andrews soon!
Reply 14
Sambo2
it's coming to st andrews soon!

..Where could it go?!
Reply 15
Hey guys, sounds like a grand plan whenever it ends up happening, can't wait to meet you all! I may not definitely be able to make it as stuff has happened at home, and I don't know yet how much of freshers I may be present at now, fingers crossed though :smile:
Reply 16
Slumpy
..Where could it go?!

not sure but it definitely is - I know the guy who is organizing it
Reply 17
Sambo2
not sure but it definitely is - I know the guy who is organizing it

I just wouldn't have thought there was anywhere with the licenses to make it worthwhile/space.
Keep us all informed though:p:
If there are no/few objections, I would suggest Wednesday from 7.30-8.30 definitely in the Whey Pat, with the freedom to wander afterwards.

I don't have a computer of my own at the moment, so I can't do this as a last-minute thing :rolleyes: I'm hoping to finalize plans as soon as we can :smile:
Sounds ok to me, Weds is probably going to be the least busy night for most people I think.

Latest