The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
SimonM
Doesn't look very restricted to freshers as it is.

I agree, but someone asked earlier in the thread if it's for 2009 people only.
Reply 21
Must have missed that.
Reply 22
*subscribes*

Durham
Reply 23
Keele. I can't wait :smile:
Reply 24
Um, hello. I'm going into my fourth year at Bristol but generally only pop in here whilst in the narrow window of feeling enthusiastic enough about maths to read about it, yet not quite enthusiastic enough to actually do any - which is why I so rarely give help/post solutions.
Reply 25
I'm starting at Cambridge soon as well. Can't wait (mainly because I've been on a holiday with the most arrogant tosspot you can think of, who also happens to be my cousin :|).
Reply 26
Swayum
I think this is a good idea and I see no reason to restrict it to just freshers. However, prospective applicants should stay out! We can moan about our courses in here :biggrin:

If a mod says its ok then its ok by me :top:

Does this mean we can keep it in maths uni and not have it moved to chat.
Reply 27
The Muon

I don't mod this area so I have no real say what goes on here, but, in my opinion, other forums have their own chat thread and it's not like the maths university forum will be affected by this thread. I'm against the idea of sticking it though - if it's being used enough, then it'll stay near the top anyway. If it isn't, then it probably oughtn't be a sticky anyway.
The Muon

Spoiler

:wink:

:rolleyes: So immature
Reply 29
*subscribes*

I'm off to Warwick
Reply 30
majikthise
generally only pop in here whilst in the narrow window of feeling enthusiastic enough about maths to read about it, yet not quite enthusiastic enough to actually do any - which is why I so rarely give help/post solutions.

I'm much the same way, that and I'm rusty enough in a few areas that my help probably wouldn't be as useful as that of someone who has kept their hand in/has covered the material recently!
*waves*
Reply 32
:ciao:
Reply 33
Ooo a maths uni chat :h:
I'll be watching this closely :holmes:
Might also pop in from time to time here - I'm just about to begin my second year at Nottingham doing Mathematical Physics - does that count? (I do quite a lot of the Maths modules on my course) :p:
Reply 35
Woo maths chat! how much prepation has everyone done?
My plans disappeared xD I've read over a few books though and shall be reading the book on the list for manc uni. Introdcution to reasoning thingy while on the coach for 7hrs xD

I presume and hope 95% of people are in the same position and done close to nothing :smile:
Reply 36
Which subjects are people most looking forward to in the coming terms?
Reply 37
ste0731
Woo maths chat! how much prepation has everyone done?
My plans disappeared xD I've read over a few books though and shall be reading the book on the list for manc uni. Introdcution to reasoning thingy while on the coach for 7hrs xD

I presume and hope 95% of people are in the same position and done close to nothing :smile:

I was looking at a C1 paper the other day and found it quite hard. I also couldn't help my younger brother find resultant forces in his physics homework because I couldn't remember jack all. :rolleyes:
Reply 38
SimonM

Everything tbh. The books I've read for the maths modules seem quite interesting. I'm also looking forward to doing some serious physics (not that wishy washy stuff you get at A level).
Reply 39
SimonM

Groups :love:

Quick Reply

Latest