The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge grad students- When you arriving?

Im starting at Cambridge next term, but I still dont know when to go up there. I've been told by my college that I can come up from the 26th but that seems a bit early to me seeing as the opening introductory lectures/orientation etc doesn't start till the 3rd of Oct.

So when are all you guys planning on getting there then?, especially for taught courses, and when does freshers week actually start cos I've had no info through

Obviously I dont want to get there later (or earlier) than everyone else
Reply 1
PantryLeader
Im starting at Cambridge next term, but I still dont know when to go up there. I've been told by my college that I can come up from the 26th but that seems a bit early to me seeing as the opening introductory lectures/orientation etc doesn't start till the 3rd of Oct.

So when are all you guys planning on getting there then?, especially for taught courses, and when does freshers week actually start cos I've had no info through

Obviously I dont want to get there later (or earlier) than everyone else

Full term starts 6 October. For taught courses, classes begin on 8 October.

Undergraduates will arrive the weekend before Full Term (3/4 October). Freshers' Week will begin then.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
poi12
Full term starts 6 October. For taught courses, classes begin on 8 October.

Undergraduates will arrive the weekend before Full Term (3/4 October). Freshers' Week will begin then.

Will most PG's be arriving on the 26th then at the start of freshers week for the undergrads. I was thinking of getting there on the 30th but will I be arriving a bit late the. I dont want to miss out on the first few days of bonding
Reply 3
PantryLeader
Will most PG's be arriving on the 26th then at the start of freshers week for the undergrads. I was thinking of getting there on the 30th but will I be arriving a bit late the. I dont want to miss out on the first few days of bonding

Huh? Undergrads arrive 3/4 October. Freshers' Week commences then.

Most postgrads arrive 1 October at the start of Term. This gives you a few days before the undergrads start pouring in. Full term begins the following Tuesday (6th). Departments tend to refrain from any introductory orientations until then. Lectures begin on the 8th. You'll have plenty of 'bonding' time.
Reply 4
I'll be there on Sept 21; my college lease for accommodation began today, but even on the 21st I'm going to be there early.

Latest

Trending

Trending