The Student Room Group

IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IN WITH Bs at GCSE.

some piece of excrement named 'cindarella' on here has jsut informed me that i am lying about my cambridge offer as it is quite impossible to get in with 3As and 2Bs at GCSE (in addition to a number of A*s, that is). She is 15/16 and previously lied about having done her GCSEs and getting A*s in 4 languages, when shes actually in the middle of them. What do you all make of this, out of interest?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dont trust what people tell you on the internet???

speaking of which, you owe me £20 from last week, so I expect you to send it to me in the post this weekend. Thanks
Jealousy. Which is strange because if she is as good as she says she is, what has she to be jealous about?
Reply 3
Tell that bitch to **** off
Reply 4
*Can't take the 'I have one B at GCSE is it still worth applying to Oxbridge' threads again*

:frown:
Bloody summers...
Reply 5
Willa
dont trust what people tell you on the internet???

speaking of which, you owe me £20 from last week, so I expect you to send it to me in the post this weekend. Thanks

lol certainly, if maybe you could refresh my memory with regards to what it was for? cheers
Reply 6
Ellie4
*Can't take the 'I have one B at GCSE is it still worth applying to Oxbridge' threads again*

:frown:
Bloody summers...

lol i do apologise, that wasnt quite my intention, i already have the offer but was being challenged by some brat as to the validity of my claim as i have 2 Bs at GCSE. A particularly obnoxious, stuck up brat at that, a mediocre GCSE student who has apparently got 4 A*s at languages despite not having taken her GCSEs yet and not being able to get more than 60% in her science mocks. Hmm.
Reply 7
visesh

It has been done as you requested, my lord.
arranque
some piece of excrement named 'cindarella' on here has jsut informed me that i am lying about my cambridge offer as it is quite impossible to get in with 3As and 2Bs at GCSE (in addition to a number of A*s, that is). She is 15/16 and previously lied about having done her GCSEs and getting A*s in 4 languages, when shes actually in the middle of them. What do you all make of this, out of interest?

Um. Interesting.

Calm down dear. And poke her with a stick. :smile:
Reply 9
xx_ambellina_xx
Um. Interesting.

Calm down dear. And poke her with a stick. :smile:

LMAO! yet more sound advice...excellent.
Reply 10
I'm guessing that the 3As and 2Bs are in addition to your handful of A*s? I could be wrong but for the sake of upholding stereotypes I shall assume that she was saying you have to have straight A*s to get it

If you are saying that then join the club :wink: I'm proud of my Bs :biggrin:
Reply 11
arranque
lol certainly, if maybe you could refresh my memory with regards to what it was for? cheers

no you have to trust me on this one. I could tell you the exact reasons as to why you owe me money, but it would take up far too much time and far too many people will find it all far too upsetting. Just give me the money!
Reply 12
visesh

Lol, cruel.

Anyway, yeah it's a loads a balls about having to have only A*'s and As. My teacher said he sent a student of his to Cambridge 3/4 years ago who had GCSEs like 1 A* and the rest B's, C's and D's, but Maths is one of those subjects which if you're very good at it, it doesn't imply you're good at anything else :P

Eg. If you're good at History, you're generally good at English.
Reply 13
Willa
no you have to trust me on this one. I could tell you the exact reasons as to why you owe me money, but it would take up far too much time and far too many people will find it all far too upsetting. Just give me the money!

aha, i see where youre going with this. very clever.
Reply 14
Bekaboo
I'm guessing that the 3As and 2Bs are in addition to your handful of A*s? I could be wrong but for the sake of upholding stereotypes I shall assume that she was saying you have to have straight A*s to get it

If you are saying that then join the club :wink: I'm proud of my Bs :biggrin:

yeah thats basically it.
Reply 15
I hate these sort of threads with can i get it iwht my zillion A*'s! - you guys should reallly revert to the older posts before givings us the pleasure of teh torment:eek:

just to end this thread - yes you can apply with a B:biggrin: - i did :wink:
arranque
LMAO! yet more sound advice...excellent.

Well, we ARE both historians. Of course I'm sensible.
Phil23
I hate these sort of threads with can i get it iwht my zillion A*'s! - you guys should reallly revert to the older posts before givings us the pleasure of teh torment:eek:

just to end this thread - yes you can apply with a B:biggrin: - i did :wink:

That wasn't the point of the thread :smile:
Reply 18
gcses are so irrelevant. a levels are too. all they do is suggest that you *might* have potential.
She's a pathetic, arrogant little moron who has nothing better to do with her sad little life than make up stories about how old she is and what qualifications she has to complete strangers on an Internet discussion forum. That, I think, sums it up pretty well. You already have an offer from Cambridge- :congrats: by the way!- and whilst she seems to think a place at Oxbridge is guaranteed for her, I seriously doubt she'd perform well at interview with her attitude. For the record, I got 6 As and 3 Bs at GCSE, together with only 1 A*, but I'm planning to apply anyway because personally I couldn't give a toss what she and people like her think.

Latest

Trending

Trending