Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when do i get a natwest activation code

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Myths and facts on Student Finance - on TSR from 2pm! 15-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ive been sent account number, sort code and pin. i havent recieved a debit card yet . will an activation for online banking come in the same letter as my debit card?
    i need to sign up for online bankin, i need my railcard
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can sign up once you have your debit card, you fill in your details from your debit card, then they'll send you the code. My cards took ages to come because of postal strike
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky.
    I'm praying that they'll even send me my account number before I go to uni in 3 days.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    You're lucky.
    I'm praying that they'll even send me my account number before I go to uni in 3 days.
    im not lucky believe me. natwest have been so annoying, this process has taken me weeks and i still have no debit card and no railcard which means ill have to pay full price. natwest are crap and really slow at sending stuff
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl0808)
    im not lucky believe me. natwest have been so annoying, this process has taken me weeks and i still have no debit card and no railcard which means ill have to pay full price. natwest are crap and really slow at sending stuff
    Its just a busy time of year for them, i set up an account earlier in the year and i had the card and all other stuff within a week and abit. As they are having a large volume of people in at the moment with student accounts you can expect a wait.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can't get the rail card until you sign up for paperless banking anyway, you aren't automatically given it. I got all of my stuff within a week and a half.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have recieved my letter telling me my railcard quote reference number and laptop benefits etc. Should i recieve my activation number a few days later?
    And also, as i have my account number and sort code (eventhough i can't yet access my account), should i provide student finace with these account details rather than my current account with HSBC... thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kati6)
    Hi, i have recieved my letter telling me my railcard quote reference number and laptop benefits etc. Should i recieve my activation number a few days later?

Yes :yep:

And also, as i have my account number and sort code (eventhough i can't yet access my account), should i provide student finace with these account details rather than my current account with HSBC... thanks!

Yes :yep:
    HTH
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I received my letter detailing account number, sort code, etc, on the 10th. Still to receive either the debit card, activation code, welcome email, or anything else for that matter.

I'm a bit worried seeing as I am leaving for uni tomorrow. Should I just log into student finance and change the account details so the loan goes into my new account rather than my current one? Even though it hasn't got any money in it and I haven't used it yet?

I'm a bit scared the moneys just going to disappear into cyber space.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy0)
    I received my letter detailing account number, sort code, etc, on the 10th. Still to receive either the debit card, activation code, welcome email, or anything else for that matter.

I'm a bit worried seeing as I am leaving for uni tomorrow. Should I just log into student finance and change the account details so the loan goes into my new account rather than my current one? Even though it hasn't got any money in it and I haven't used it yet?

I'm a bit scared the moneys just going to disappear into cyber space.
    In your shoes, I would change your account details with SFE because you know your sort code and account number already. That way, you fulfil the T&C's of the NatWest account of having your money directed to them.

You can contact NW at any time to chase up your card etc., or get them forwarded on to you if necessary.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring)
    In your shoes, I would change your account details with SFE because you know your sort code and account number already. That way, you fulfil the T&C's of the NatWest account of having your money directed to them.

You can contact NW at any time to chase up your card etc., or get them forwarded on to you if necessary.
    Ok, thankyou kind sir.

Have now changed them via the SFE site, here's to hoping my money doesn't disappear!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2009
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.