The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I walked through Elephant & castle and Brixton at night by myself before and I was fine
Reply 61
If you're an attractive female, I'd avoid walking alone at night in the more seedy areas. Aparty from that - safe enough...
In London, you will probably get a black gangster ask you for your money once a month but he wont kill you dont worry
dynamix
hey, ive never experienced London at nightand after hearing all the stories of innocent people mugged and harrased at night i just wanna ask is London safe late at night to travel alone?

you are a mug
I'm moving to peckham this month, its a really nice place. There's no "gangs on the corner", just shock horror, black people going about their everyday business. Walked through peckham, camberwell and new cross in the dead of the night many a time. Its no kensington high street but no one can say its not safe.
Reply 65
you'll be fine if when someone starts you just go.."what come on then ************, i dug your dead nan up and ****** her"

then they think your crazy and back off

worst comes to worst they'll just poke u in the eye with a knife
On my birthday me and my friend were at Leicester Square and were walking around all night until got the first train home from the station. We met some nice people on our travels as well. :laugh:
Depends on where you are and who's out at that time in my opinion. :dontknow: I wouldn't have gone out on my own though. Safety in numbers. :grin:
A more appropriate question wouldve been Is it safe to walk the streets in the LOS Angeles at night? That would be a very good thread
Reply 68
Just don't go south of the river...
London's a big place. :rolleyes:
Reply 70
sulpicia
If you're an attractive female, I'd avoid walking alone at night in the more seedy areas. Aparty from that - safe enough...

Pretty much ^^
yawn, big yawn, bigger yawn, drowsy, eyes closed, asleep.
Reply 72
As long as your not a really fit girl on her own then you will be fine in London unless you are a complete muppet or just really unlucky. It's no worse than any other city, have some common sense and you will be cool.
I live in North West London, and generally, it's fine
I wouldn't advise going to Harlesden at night though... not that you would anyway.

To be honest all those stories you hear are quite the minority
If you're not looking for trouble, then you generally have nothing to worry about in London.
Just be with people though, if you don't know London well
Is anywhere safe at night? especially any city...
Reply 75
confused - help?
A more appropriate question wouldve been Is it safe to walk the streets in the LOS Angeles at night? That would be a very good thread

los angeles is fine, you're better off walking around LA than say... new orleans or detroit/flint michigan or baltimore.
Reply 76
dynamix
hey, ive never experienced London at nightand after hearing all the stories of innocent people mugged and harrased at night i just wanna ask is London safe late at night to travel alone?

i'm a londoner and i wouldnt suggest going out late at night unless with people, but its all about being sensible not going down back streets or alleyways and only in crowded places and it should be fine
i live around south east and its completely fine apart from stupid chavs occasionally
confused - help?
In London, you will probably get a black gangster ask you for your money once a month but he wont kill you dont worry

you're deffo confused.

the south is fine.

man i really hate these threads.
Reply 79
Unfortunately it does happen but these things happen everywhere. If you go looking for trouble, 9/10 you're likely to find it. Best bet would be to go with a mate or 2.:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending