The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It's great hearing how everyone's getting on with their year abroad. I always read this thread cos I'm waiting to go to Germany in September hopefully although I was supposed to be going with two friends and now I'm going with no-one and I'm ab initiio and have never lived away from home. Scared!! :s-smilie:
xJessx
It's great hearing how everyone's getting on with their year abroad. I always read this thread cos I'm waiting to go to Germany in September hopefully although I was supposed to be going with two friends and now I'm going with no-one and I'm ab initiio and have never lived away from home. Scared!! :s-smilie:

Don't worry. All of my friends are in the north and I'm completely by myself. It's scary at first but you get used to it and I'm finding it really fun.

If anyone fancies a laugh, I did a translation about a sex toy at work today :rofl:
Well I'm having the time of my life and am now probably staying here until the next uni year begins.
Reply 63
xJessx

I went on my year abroad alone too and was a little anxious about becoming lonely. At first it was a bit weird, going from living with five other people and having lots of friends at uni to not knowing anyone here. However, you soon get used to it and it's fine. I'm really enjoying myself and wish that I could stay here all summer. It dawned on me Wednesday night that I only have exactly 10 weeks left, under that now!

So, don't worry about being lonely, you'll soon make friends!
Wow.
I've been following this thread for a while now, and it's made me start to freak out about my year abroad (2011/2012).
I have to split my year between a French speaking country and a Spanish speaking country. I'm not sure which way round I should do it.
Also, this may sound stupid, but with regard to Spanish, I'm really worried about where I go..as a black person who doesn't really enjoy getting stared at as has happened on previous visits to parts of Spain.
Is anyone in Spain now?
Have they seen many black students at university?

Latest

Trending

Trending