The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As far as i know, the exam board resorts your modules for maths and fm automatically so you get the best grade combination- they're nice like that :smile:
Reply 2
Don't put any modules (names or grades) into UCAS if your school isn't cashing them in. But yes, the board will rearrange the modules to maximise your grades.
Reply 3
Statistics modules go with further, mechanics with core maths.
Reply 4
Also, with THOSE scores, it really won't make a difference...grade wise will it?
Reply 5
maxfire
Statistics modules go with further, mechanics with core maths.

No.
Reply 6
Swayum
No.

S'what I read. On the wiki. On here.
Swayum
Don't put any modules (names or grades) into UCAS if your school isn't cashing them in. But yes, the board will rearrange the modules to maximise your grades.

Can't you put the names of the modules even though you put the grade as pending so you can let the unis know for example that you're doing more FP and M modules?
Reply 8
.:excel4100%:.
Can't you put the names of the modules even though you put the grade as pending so you can let the unis know for example that you're doing more FP and M modules?

The way our school did it was that you wouldn't do that and they were really specific/annoying/particular about stuff like this. But, from experience, I'd say that you could and no one really cares about how the information is put on UCAS (not nearly as much as people think). On the other hand, I don't think admissions tutors would care about specific modules. They get such a huge volume of applications that's unrealistic to think that they look so closely at UCAS applications.

Basically, just check with your referee. If he's ok with it, and you want to, then go for it. If he isn't, then don't worry about it at all.
Swayum
The way our school did it was that you wouldn't do that and they were really specific/annoying/particular about stuff like this. But, from experience, I'd say that you could and no one really cares about how the information is put on UCAS (not nearly as much as people think). On the other hand, I don't think admissions tutors would care about specific modules. They get such a huge volume of applications that's unrealistic to think that they look so closely at UCAS applications.

Basically, just check with your referee. If he's ok with it, and you want to, then go for it. If he isn't, then don't worry about it at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending