The Student Room Group

Exam Resit ENB6 Not Allowed

Long time reader of the forum, first time poster

Hello I went away and got back on the Monday the college deadline states the Fridays the 11th but says resit can be processed after this date but will occur late fees(no problem). I went into today and they wasn't accepting anything else AQA.

I've finished college and missed a C by four marks in English Language A Level and need to resit ENB6 to gain these four or so marks, the problem is now, how can I do this. I'm prepared to travel, pay the money I'm not missing on a C due to four marks after two years hard work.

Please help and advise

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
fmgod
Long time reader of the forum, first time poster

Hello I went away and got back on the Monday the college deadline states the Fridays the 11th but says resit can be processed after this date but will occur late fees(no problem). I went into today and they wasn't accepting anything else AQA.

I've finished college and missed a C by four marks in English Language A Level and need to resit ENB6 to gain these four or so marks, the problem is now, how can I do this. I'm prepared to travel, pay the money I'm not missing on a C due to four marks after two years hard work.

Please help and advise

Thank you

There is an early deadline for entries for the last legacy re-sits in January. I think centres had to submit initial entry information by September 15th. If no-one else has for that unit by that date then AQA will not be running that exam in January. Because it is different with these final legacy re-sits I don't what you can do, if anything.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, isn't there anyway I can see it externally or anything, or take an equivalent unit or take another unit I did ENB 1-6.

Thanks so badly need this.
Reply 3
fmgod
Thanks for the reply, isn't there anyway I can see it externally or anything, or take an equivalent unit or take another unit I did ENB 1-6.

If no other centre across the country has indicated that they intend to enter candidates for a potential ENB6 final January exam than I'm afraid AQA will have withdrawn the re-sit opportunity. If this is the case (I'd be surprised) then there is no way you can sit the exam (as it isn't being run). You can't take an equivalent unit from the new spec as that isn't permitted.

You need to be asking your exams officer:

1) Whether AQA are still running the unit in January

2) If the answer to the above is yes then you can still enter (I've heard a deadline of 21st September is for final legacy entries but not 100% on that). If the answer to the above is no then perhaps look into re-sitting another A2 unit?
Reply 4
fmgod

Well I doubt that AQA will withdraw the last resit of ENB6 as that spec is very popular, its inevitable that there will be other students taking it.

You can take it externally. Where are you located? In London there is a private college named David Game, and you will be able to take ENB6 there. It'll cost £60.

You will have to register with them, take 2 passport photos, take your statement of results, ID (Passport/Provisional Drivers Licence) and pay £60. Tell them that you want to carry forward your ENB1/ENB2/ENB3/ENB4/ENB5 results and then cash in the award. They are very good. I have done 3 GCSE and 2 AS Levels with them. They are very supportive and professional.

Good Luck. I am sure everything will be fine!

I will PM you the e-mail adress tha you ill need.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 5
Once again thanks

1.When I went in she they wasn't accepting anything for else AQA for students who had just left
2. How would I find this out and how could I take it elsewhere, also good suggestion but I didn't pretty well in the other A2 units and ENB6 was the one I mucked up quite badly and the reason I'm going for that as I should be able to gain the four marks.

I can't contact my college any more as they deleted all the email accounts from last year(pure genius)

I'm based in London if this helps with the resit
Reply 6
fmgod
Once again thanks

1.When I went in she they wasn't accepting anything for else AQA for students who had just left
2. How would I find this out and how could I take it elsewhere, also good suggestion but I didn't pretty well in the other A2 units and ENB6 was the one I mucked up quite badly and the reason I'm going for that as I should be able to gain the four marks.

I can't contact my college any more as they deleted all the email accounts from last year(pure genius)

I'm based in London if this helps with the resit

The way you have now worded it suggests that it is your college that aren't letting anyone re-sit legacy exams. In that case, London271 has a good suggestion above about taking it externally. ^
Reply 7
Cheers thats one alternative although four times the amount nearly six times the amount I would of had to pay at college(£15), £85 ouch.

Worth considering though, is there anyway I could take the exam in another local college, like Ardleigh Green, or anything like that considering I went Havering Sixth Form College, sorry if it sounds stupid not use to all this malarkey but appreciate your help, ta.
Reply 8
fmgod
Cheers thats one alternative although four times the amount nearly six times the amount I would of had to pay at college(£15), £85 ouch.

Worth considering though, is there anyway I could take the exam in another local college, like Ardleigh Green, or anything like that considering I went Havering Sixth Form College, sorry if it sounds stupid not use to all this malarkey but appreciate your help, ta.

It's a possibility - you'd need to contact them. As I don't live in London I can't help you there.
Reply 9
Okay cheers one more question just got a remark back from another yet the orginal mark was 48, it's been remarked at 21, what mark do I keep as my Grade overall has gone down if the 21 stands although I got a 48 originally.
Reply 10
fmgod

Try http://www.northlondoncollege.co.uk/
fmgod

ok, on AQA's website there is a load of info for private candidates:

http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_private.php

The following link will show you all external colleges in the London area. I have been in contact with most and they are very expensive. David Game is the cheapest and most organised (£60). You may think its expensive but think, its the last time you will ever have to raise your grade.

http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-PRIVCAND-CENTRES.PDF Go to Page 8.

I just remembered that North London college let you take a whole A level for £50! try them. although you will be better off phoning them as they are useless with getting back to e-mails.
Reply 12
fmgod
Okay cheers one more question just got a remark back from another yet the orginal mark was 48, it's been remarked at 21, what mark do I keep as my Grade overall has gone down if the 21 stands although I got a 48 originally.

The re-mark result is final. That's a massive jump - 27 marks!
Reply 13
I know exactly, what the hell?
fmgod

You will keep the 21. bad luck.
Reply 15
How could one mark 27 marks less/more than the other, its beyond words.
Reply 16
I actually feel sick, thirty marks off.
Reply 17
fmgod
How could one mark 27 marks less/more than the other, its beyond words.

What exam was it? It could be that the grade boundaries were so close together that 1 mark in the exam counts for a lot of UMS.
Reply 18
ENB6 Language Development June 09, I've not just gone from touching distance of a C six marks away to a bloody E and even further away from a C and dropped a grade, but to loose 27 marks, it's like I don't know what, I haven't felt this low in a while.
Reply 19
fmgod
ENB6 Language Development June 09, I've not just gone from touching distance of a C six marks away to a bloody E and even further away from a C and dropped a grade, but to loose 27 marks, it's like I don't know what, I haven't felt this low in a while.

But isn't 48/120 an E? And 21/120 = U?

Which marks are you talking about, raw or UMS?

Because a raw mark of 48 would be 1 from an A?

Latest