The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Last Summer's Dream
How much has/is everyone planning on reading before term starts?

I've just started (re) reading Genesis and all the bumf that came from the English Dept. Ok, not bumf, crit and analysis, but it feels like bumf. Also going to make a start on Gawain, for the moment! It's a bit late notice to say 'read it all before term' now, especially as I've asked them over and over again what work to do, and they kept telling me to wait until term started and to not worry. Now I'm a bit worried!

I'm also reading the other module stuff that they sent through, and have started the prep for the first seminar.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Don't worry, you really aren't meant to have read everything before you start. Make sure you're familiar with genesis although once you get to the "and jack begot jason who begot robert who begot edward" you can kinda skim the rest.

Unless you are going to re-read stuff it's better to have the texts fresh in your memory rather than doing beowulf 3 weeks after you read it.
Reply 3
:ditto:
I personally never read any of the texts until the week of the seminar or lecture in question, as I just found I forgot most of them otherwise and that they weren't fresh enough in my mind for discussion.

Latest

Trending

Trending