The Student Room Group

Help with finding a history textbook

Help! I am at my wits end! I am self-teaching AS History at home, and need to be prepared for unit 1 and 2 by the January examinations. I am doing the new AQA specification, and I need a textbook called 'Anti-semitism, Hitler and the people'. The new specification has been running for a year, and some websites I have looked on have said that this book was published in May last year, and students must have already been using for a year. When I have tried to order it, however, I have been told that it is not being published until November this year. How could a book be published a whole year after a module is being examined on? I can't wait until November to start studying something that I am doing an exam on in January!

I called Nelson Thornes (who publish AQA books), who told me that they are not publishing the book until November, but they didn't know if it was in circulation already, and that I should call AQA. So I called AQA and spoke for ten minutes to an operator who told me the prices of all the specifications and past papers when I specifically asked about a textbook. I called AQA again, hoping to speak to someone who could answer my question, only to be told that AQA didn't publish books and that I should speak to Nelson Thornes!

Has anyone studied this module, or is studying it now? Does anyone have the textbook? It must exist already, as the new specification has been running for a year. What am I supposed to do?
According to the Waterstones online store, they can dispatch it in '7 to 10 days':

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=6106120

But apart from that, I haven't been able to find any online store that sells it. Sorry. :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending