The Student Room Group
Reply 1
For Law? Are you joking? :s-smilie:

LSE, UCL and KCL are all pretty much equal for law, don't be so ridiculous
hunty91
Continuation of this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1036002

So, what do I do? Is LSE so much better than King's so that I should take the risk? HELP ME!

If you met the LSE offer after remark and it being your firm offer, then LSE must give you an offer if not this year, then next year (2010). It isn't your fault that the examiners made a mistake.
Reply 3
I would go with KCL personally, I prefer my degree not to be called "Government"

I don't think LSE is a big enough jump to justify taking out a year.
Reply 4
Inspirations have I none
If you met the LSE offer after remark and it being your firm offer, then LSE must give you an offer if not this year, then next year (2010). It isn't your fault that the examiners made a mistake.

Apparently they don't, unfortunately. Bit annoying really.
Go to KCL.
Inspirations have I none

If you read the thread he linked to you'll see that he met the offer requirements after the deadline. It wasn't his fault but life is like that.

OP, if you don't have any positive gap year plans, take up the place at KCL; it is a no-brainer.
Reply 7
ma2k5
I would go with KCL personally, I prefer my degree not to be called "Government"

I don't think LSE is a big enough jump to justify taking out a year.

I still have to take a year out, unfortunately, but of course it also applies to the decision as a whole. Thanks.
They are identical when it comes to Law.
hunty91
Apparently they don't, unfortunately. Bit annoying really.

I believe there's some kind of contract. I don't personally believe they could do such a thing. It's like meeting the offer of a uni and then to be rejected by the uni when on results day they decided they don't really want you.

I'd contact UCAS, or perhaps talk to your teachers to talk to them. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to do something like that. Keep complaining to the uni until they let you in. Persistence is the key :smile:.
Go to KCL, it's really really good for Law...definately not worth taking the risk (assuming the risk is losing your unconditional offer upon applying to other unis?). To be honest I think many would say there isn't much difference between the two for Law...just getting in for such a competative course is impressive in itself, let alone doing at King's!
Inspirations have I none
I believe there's some kind of contract.

There is a contract. It contains a deadline. The OP didn't meet the deadline. He lost the place. LSE is perfectly within its rights.
Reply 12
Inspirations have I none
I believe there's some kind of contract. I don't personally believe they could do such a thing. It's like meeting the offer of a uni and then to be rejected by the uni when on results day they decided they don't really want you.

I'd contact UCAS, or perhaps talk to your teachers to talk to them. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to do something like that. Keep complaining to the uni until they let you in. Persistence is the key :smile:.

I've had my Principal do it all day, and the most he got out of them was the fact that they'd look "favourably" upon my application next year.
Reply 13
Good bloke
There is a contract. It contains a deadline. The OP didn't meet the deadline. He lost the place. LSE is perfectly within its rights.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Just a bit annoying that it was AQA's fault.
hunty91
I've had my Principal do it all day, and the most he got out of them was the fact that they'd look "favourably" upon my application next year.

The thing is that you got a priority remark (I've read your other thread). Did you get it on results day?
The thing is that if you got the priority remark as soon as you could have, I don't really see what else you could do.

Perhaps the problem is that you're not speaking directly to the admissions tutors. Perhaps if you could get in touch directly with them and plead your case. I feel really sorry for you, as if there really was nothing you could have done it's unfair they should be able to take away the deadline, ucas deadline or not.

To be fair I don't how they'd look at your application favourably. If you're going through the application procedure again, you'll be compared to other candidates again. Ask them what they mean by "favourably".

If you reapply to uni next year, perhaps you can have another shot at oxbridge again. Might end up to be a good thing reapplying, you never know.

Perhaps you could ask for a letter by AQA claiming responsbility for the remark coming back late. Then you might have a stronger case pleading to the uni.