The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
chigz32
You realise thats ridiculasly good compared to other uni's!

And "Squids" is Quids, which means most drinks are £1. Try the Polar Bear on thursdays and Loaded Dog on sundays, both have Quids!

Yeh but I go to them all the time anyway, just nothing on the list hardly stands out or anything. Looks ok, just nothing special in particular.

Plus I hate liquid with a passion :frown:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Wow that looks rubbish. It's just the same thing they have on every week except with Zane Lowe, the Vengaboys and S Club. Awesome. I'll probs go to that Oktoberfest thing but thats it. For freshers I suggest that once you have got over the initial buzz of the union check out what is going on at superfly, sophbeck, club audio, isu etc. There is probably some better stuff happening in the city than at the uni.
Reply 22
VanillaCat
I'm deffo not going to everything, but I'll certainly go to the Welcome Party, Oktoberfest, and the S Club thing :p: I just don't want to spend all my money on alcohol, before uni's even begun. How can you "get to know" people with loud music and stuff? I'm more of a "having a chat down the pub" type of person.

/rant

Likewise,

Oktoberfest is definitely on the calendar though! Provided they provide some decent beers rather than the crappy brand lagers we're normally forced to resort to...

The Loaded Dog is also beginning to sound like my sort of place =]
halbeth
Likewise,

Oktoberfest is definitely on the calendar though! Provided they provide some decent beers rather than the crappy brand lagers we're normally forced to resort to...

Indeed. Bavarian beer for the win!

I also really want to go to the International Night for Erasmus students etc! But would us UK-ers be allowed?!
VanillaCat
Indeed. Bavarian beer for the win!

I also really want to go to the International Night for Erasmus students etc! But would us UK-ers be allowed?!

I guess so, no reason why they'd refuse paying customers, right?

I think the idea of the global night is for the UK and Erasmus/International students to mix.

Also, I'm liking the sound of the beer :P
Reply 25
Also is there any fancy dress nights? Fancy dress is where its at!
Reply 26
Barton1

If not the TSR meet should be a fancy dress meet. :p:
Zane Lowe is pretty good (i've seen him dj before muse gig twice now) I may have to go to that :biggrin:
Not much else on really. MOshhhhhh!!!!
Reply 28
Kasphlam
If not the TSR meet should be a fancy dress meet. :p:

That is actually a pretty damn good idea
Barton1
That is actually a pretty damn good idea

Yeah, how else will we know who we are at the meet? :p:
Reply 30
Haha.

I'd come as Jack Bauer.
Reply 31
is there a oneils round leicester - i got free vouchers for drinks there from that student website unitowncouk and was thinking i might as well use them up seeing as i am gonna be a broke student soon lol
Barton1

Trust me, if there are no dedicated fancy dress nights during freshers, there will be atleast one every single week thereafter. Fancy dress events and bar crawls are a weekly occurance. Virtually every event seems to be one or the other, and occassionally both!

You'll be sick of them by the end of the year :smile:

Even if there is nothing listed as fancy dress by the union, in addition to the University events, there will be Hall events which are put on for you by your JCR. These will be things like pub quizzes, fancy dress events, film nights etc etc.
suzchap
is there a oneils round leicester - i got free vouchers for drinks there from that student website unitowncouk and was thinking i might as well use them up seeing as i am gonna be a broke student soon lol

yes there is. Its in town
Reply 34
Any idea how much entry will be for each event?
Kat_x
Any idea how much entry will be for each event?

In previous years its been £3-£4 and £5 for the more popular events such as the freshers finale, and the big acts.
Reply 36
timetokill
In previous years its been £3-£4 and £5 for the more popular events such as the freshers finale, and the big acts.

Thank you :smile:
plenty of those in leicester you'll get to know all the bars and pubs on ur bar crawl
Reply 38
Is it worth buying a Fresher's ticket? £46 seems a lot, or it is when you're already skint :smile:
jules_riot
Is it worth buying a Fresher's ticket? £46 seems a lot, or it is when you're already skint :smile:

Id struggle to think of something worse you coud spend your money on during freshers to be honest. Those things are an utter rip off.

Latest

Trending

Trending