The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

jules_riot
Is it worth buying a Fresher's ticket? £46 seems a lot, or it is when you're already skint :smile:

Considering how much other stuff you need to buy for university, I think you can probably pass on the Fresher's card. Unless you're planning on attending every Fresher's event rain or shine, I think it's a bit of a con. Ditto for the safety bus pass.

Eugh, spending money is extremely depressing :frown:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
are the vengaboys really playing? I find that sooo exciting haha !!! :smile: I love them !
I just googled "Leicester University", and I don't know why, but I found it hilarious that the tagline was "Excellent teaching, world changing research. Elite without being elitist".
LMAOO at freshers card DO NOT BUY THAT CRAP.
VanillaCat
I just googled "Leicester University", and I don't know why, but I found it hilarious that the tagline was "Excellent teaching, world changing research. Elite without being elitist".

The admission's bloke threw that one at all us clearing students so many times.
Reply 45
tori_owns
are the vengaboys really playing? I find that sooo exciting haha !!! :smile: I love them !

Hah same, was like omg exciiiiited!

Can you bring guests to fresher events as long as you get them a ticket, or do they have to go to the uni?
Dunno how strict Leicester are about these things.. :confused:
Reply 46
Kat_x

Can you bring guests to fresher events as long as you get them a ticket, or do they have to go to the uni?
Dunno how strict Leicester are about these things.. :confused:

If I recall, as long as they have a Student card from a Uni, they should be alright. Obviously, that won't help if they aren't at University. May need a second opinion on that though, because I'm going on what I heard 2 years back.
mosh tomorrow :biggrin: and Friday. wooo
Reply 48
I'm rather looking forward to seeing what that place has to offer =] how much are drinks?
on student nights its £1 for a VK or a beer
Reply 50
A beer being a pint yes? =]
zanzi will bump you to oblivion on student nights watch, best to get pissed before the clubs
halbeth
A beer being a pint yes? =]

nah, a bottle. not a big one, but still, cheap :biggrin:
Reply 53
museobsessed
nah, a bottle. not a big one, but still, cheap :biggrin:

Eh, I'd call it reasonable =P
Reply 54
Kat_x

Dunno how strict Leicester are about these things..

if you're living in halls, give them (guest) your hall keys and keep your library/nus card, and they can just pretend they forgot theirs but they have their halls key
worked every time :smile:
Meh Im in my 4th year now and not even gonna have much time to be able to enjoy all this because of my workload :sad:
Reply 56
The Black Chuck Norris
zanzi will bump you to oblivion on student nights watch, best to get pissed before the clubs

Wait, Zanzi is more expensive on student nights??

:frown:
My bad I mean student nights like Carnage or those special studnt events nah mean? not the regular student nights

carnage drinks lol..my mate was desperate paid 7 quid for a vodka double menawhile all of us were ****** from a couple litres of smirnoff which were around 14 quid each bottle on asda rollback, between us it so much cheaper
Reply 58
Yeh drinking before going out has to be done, save so much money and when your out drinking your just topping yourself up rather than trying to get drunk. Nothing more depressing then being sober in a club
ive had a couple sober nights and they were terrible, not out of choice, i was on flu medication...although oen night i just thought **** it and drank anyway. feels good during. day after not so

Latest

Trending

Trending