The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Investment Society

If anybody is interested in joining the Exeter Capital Group, the new investment society at Exeter, then send me a PM.

We will be holding events including:

trading games: both virtual competitions and physical market making ones

Speakers from industry

Talks and Tutorials on all application related things for spring and summer internships in the city (ie cover letter, CVs, interviews, assessment center).

A trip to London including a day at the London Stock Exchange and potential presentations at banks HQ's. (this is an additional charge though as we charge a very low initial fee as the London trip is not mandatory)

Lectures for interested students about things not taught in class (ie. options pricing with black scholes and the options greeks)

+ the group is made up of mostly second years as of now so as a first year you will get tons of helpful advice on the financial markets as well as on careers in the city directly from people who wnet through the app process, making it easier for you to get a job in the city.

Investment Portfolio
In addition, the group is raising money to start an investment portfolio, which will be handled by the second years this upcoming year, and then the year after the students who join this year as first years will be able to help manage the portfolio. Sothe first year of the group will be an intro period helping you learn more about the markets and careers in the city, and then the second and third year you will be able to start investing provided that you demonstrate your interest and initiative.

Fees
The society fee as of now is 10 GBP pa, but this might increase based on interest, funding needs etc. If you know you want to join then send me a PM and Ill write your name down and I will guarantee the 10 GBP fee. Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will ge back to you asap.

Good luck.
I would definetely join! I'm doing BA Economics and Finance and this would really help with my studies.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
The same with me. I have been doing some trading in my country. But can't say now 100per cent YES, because of the timetable and my free time plan :smile: Maybe there is a possibility to meet somewhere, speak a little bit? I am also taking ECO & finance course. When is the deadline to join? I am almost sure that I will find time for this society. So, waiting for the answer.. And please, leave one '10 GBP fee' booked for Lukas :smile: