The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Christmas hols, a little before maybe.
Never; GCSEs can be done with your eyes closed.
Reply 3
Now? It can't hurt to do some light revision/extra learning yourself. Just start by going over what you do in lessons, learning that, improving upon it etc. That's just good educational practice though.

Just don't go mental. It's only mocks.
Reply 4
Never. No one cares!! In a none harsh sort of way :smile:
Reply 5
christmas hols. mocks aren't the worst things in life. just do the best you can and you'll be fine.
Sparkzz
read title.
answer
:]
x

I didn't even revise for my mocks and I did crap and got rubbish predictions based on them. In the end I got 7A* and 3As so I got the last laugh haha. But yeah end of November/just before Xmas hols would be best time to start.

They may be just mocks but they'll give you good exam practice before the summer so don't take them too lightly.
Just before the exam.
Reply 8
Warrior King
I didn't even revise for my mocks and I did crap and got rubbish predictions based on them. In the end I got 7A* and 3As so I got the last laugh haha. But yeah end of November/just before Xmas hols would be best time to start.

They may be just mocks but they'll give you good exam practice before the summer so don't take them too lightly.

I'll proberbly start some light now.
But the coursework is so much I don't find any time to be honest :eek:
I decided the best way to do my mocks was to not revise and see what I knew without any revision. It gave me a clear idea of the areas I would need to work on most come real exam times..

(Yes that was my excuse for doing nothing :sadnod:)
Reply 10
letsdothetimewarpagain
I decided the best way to do my mocks was to not revise and see what I knew without any revision. It gave me a clear idea of the areas I would need to work on most come real exam times..

(Yes that was my excuse for doing nothing :sadnod:)

lol, i can't do that :unsure:
Oh ****, your going to fail now. You've left your revision too late, by not starting already. :redface:mg:
Reply 12
Liverpool F.C.™
Oh ****, your going to fail now. You've left your revision too late, by not starting already. :redface:mg:

oh pleaseeeeee brother :frown:
i got higher in my mocks than my actuals :smile:
Reply 14
When ever YOU think YOU will need to start revising depending on how much YOU know. :smile:
Depends on the subjects you do and how much you know or heave learned already.
For english, you probably won't need tons of revision time. However, for subjects like maths and science, you should start early but it really depends on you and where your skills are.
Hope this helps :smile:
x
gummers
When ever YOU think YOU will need to start revising depending on how much YOU know. :smile:

lmao bit too far with the negg mate lmao, was just sayin i got higher in my mocks than actuals showing they are ********.

Appreciate you leaving the name anyway :smile:
Reply 17
academic.fail
lmao bit too far with the negg mate lmao, was just sayin i got higher in my mocks than actuals showing they are ********.

Appreciate you leaving the name anyway :smile:

Arhh fair enough, well you could have just stated that without putting them :smile:
I think i was just in a bad mood when i did it.. sorry :rolleyes:

And no worrys :smile:
the second week of the christmas holidays, and presumably during the study leave you have for mocks?
by about march they mean nothing anyway
Reply 19
If I were you I would start revising now. Just a little by little, because you have a lot of other subjects that you need to study for too, right? My mocks are a little earlier than yours - they are on december. I am revising now so when it comes to the exams, I don't have to panic too much while all your friends are being study nerdss. :smile:

Just pretend that it is the real exam, so you will get the best mark you can. Then you can learn how to get EVEN BETTER for your REAL ones :biggrin:

Latest