The Student Room Group
Reply 1
25 hours a day minimum. anything less and you will be banned from TSR.
On average i would be looking at about 2-3 hours a day. But if you make use of "free time" in college by studying, then it relieves alot pressure at home.
Reply 3
w4rtorn

Come on, seriously now
Reply 4
w4rtorn

Don't be silly, everyone on TSR gets AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA without lifting a finger.
Reply 5
Hi I'm doing my A2's also, and have the same problem. I herad that for every hour in the class, you should be doing one at home, but that just does not sound right to me, thats about 6 hours a day, after school?
I think reasonably about 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours a day MAX, maybe a lil more one day in the weeekend if you have time, obviously, toward exam time, you'll need to increase this, possibly 3 hours?
Also, can I just ask how you stay motiviated to do your revision? Only I think that is my biggest problem?
haha
Hope this helped :smile:
188.4 minutes per week for maths.
Reply 7
Enough time to do what you need to do to have a thorough understanding. The amount of work I did varied from day to day, week to week and so on, so it's hard to tell... I reckon that if an average was taken I pretty much doubled what I did in lessons at home (so ~20 hours per week).

Basically, as long as you feel like you're on top of things, you should be alright.
Reply 8
Paige7593
Hi I'm doing my A2's also, and have the same problem. I herad that for every hour in the class, you should be doing one at home, but that just does not sound right to me, thats about 6 hours a day, after school?
I think reasonably about 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours a day MAX, maybe a lil more one day in the weeekend if you have time, obviously, toward exam time, you'll need to increase this, possibly 3 hours?
Also, can I just ask how you stay motiviated to do your revision? Only I think that is my biggest problem?
haha
Hope this helped :smile:

Yeah, i agree motivation is a big problem. However, once i find the will power to move downstairs into the study and actually revise, im fine and can get on with it. It's just getting there :s-smilie:
Reply 9
nuodai
Enough time to do what you need to do to have a thorough understanding. The amount of work I did varied from day to day, week to week and so on, so it's hard to tell... I reckon that if an average was taken I pretty much doubled what I did in lessons at home (so ~20 hours per week).

Basically, as long as you feel like you're on top of things, you should be alright.

Thats a fair comment, thanks.
If you set aside hours and hours a day to do work i.e. have no social life whatsoever, your revision isn't going to be as productive as doing a little bit, but doing it well.

If you're 100% committed to doing your revision, then you will learn a lot rather than just staring at a book for the entire night.
Reply 11
TheMikester69
Yeah, i agree motivation is a big problem. However, once i find the will power to move downstairs into the study and actually revise, im fine and can get on with it. It's just getting there :s-smilie:

haha, i'm the same, except we dont have a study, so i take a walk down the library,, like you said, once your there it's fine, it's getting there thats the problem :smile:
Reply 12
Sh4w
Don't be silly, everyone on TSR gets AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA without lifting a finger.

a lot of people get Bs on TSR. but the day after results day, we find their posts deleted, their account deleted, and them dead. so if you sign up to TSR you better make sure you get AAAAAAAAA or A*A*A*A*A*A*A* now.
Reply 13
I only worked around exam time. Lots of cramming; maybe 8-10 hours a day. I wouldn't advice this, however, it's just to let you know good grades can be achieved without continuous studying/a thorough understanding of the material.
Well it depends on your subjects - for something like English you'll need to be reading other related books and critical opinion and planning/writing essays which will take time. But for science subjects if you get the concept in class then you probably will do hardly any work at home until you come to doing millions of past papers when you revise. :smile:
Reply 15
w4rtorn
a lot of people get Bs on TSR. but the day after results day, we find their posts deleted, their account deleted, and them dead. so if you sign up to TSR you better make sure you get AAAAAAAAA or A*A*A*A*A*A*A* now.

:rofl:

Yes, our TSR super-stealth secret and armed intelligence service; it's mission to eradicate all traces of B grades and below. I wonder who would be on that team. :ninja: :p:

I wouldn't be able to give you the best advice OP, I find myself doing usually < 2 hours of work outside lessons a week (mind you, at our school we do have quite a few lessons) and then I start the cramming a few weeks before exams in June, spending literally a painful 12 hours a day learning like mad.

I wouldn't recommend it and I'm trying to change my ways for my last year at school but still failing! :p:
Just make sure you're on top of all your work, spend as long as you need to for that then whatever more you do is just a bonus.

Latest