The Student Room Group

A \\level History Essays

How much depth would I need to go into for an A? :smile:

Here's an example paragraph (please note i've had 3-4 lessons on the subject)

One of the reasons Pitt survived the "mince pie administration" was because he proved himself an individual, authoritative politician. He proved this by displacing Shelbourne, whom many believed to be guiding him With this absence of assistance, Pitt was able to prove the public's accusations of being "the King's puppet" somewhat wrong, which, in turn allowed him to win the 1784 general election.

Sorry if this is quite jumbled, but as I've said, I havn't had many alessons :P

This is one of the (very few) reasons I can think of for Pitt surviving the "mice pie administration". Another would be some reformers going from Fox's side to his.

Thanks for any advice/tips/(constructive) criticism!
Hiya :smile:

I don't know that much about Pitt, I'm afraid, but I did get full marks in AS hist, so maybe I can help?

Firstly, is this a whole paragraph? If it is, it needs to be longer. MUCH longer. almost half a page. And if its not, you still need to elaborate on what youve said. you could do this quite easily in this answer: explain the displacing shelbourn situation and what a "mince pie administration" is. while you are meant to assume a level of knowledge in your marker, you wont get points for loose referencing. you need to give details of events to prove you know about them.

Secondly, maybe dont use phrases like "he proved this". Just prove it, don't announce it!

Other than that, it sounds like you have some good ideas :biggrin:
Hope this was helpful!
xxx
Reply 2
geekalicious
Hiya :smile:

I don't know that much about Pitt, I'm afraid, but I did get full marks in AS hist, so maybe I can help?

Firstly, is this a whole paragraph? If it is, it needs to be longer. MUCH longer. almost half a page. And if its not, you still need to elaborate on what youve said. you could do this quite easily in this answer: explain the displacing shelbourn situation and what a "mince pie administration" is. while you are meant to assume a level of knowledge in your marker, you wont get points for loose referencing. you need to give details of events to prove you know about them.

Secondly, maybe dont use phrases like "he proved this". Just prove it, don't announce it!

Other than that, it sounds like you have some good ideas :biggrin:
Hope this was helpful!
xxx

Thanks :smile: I was under the impression that if I did explain what a mince pie administration is, i may start writing a description = not good :P

ty :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending