The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you really want it, of course it is possible.
Remember that with Maths, the A2 stuff leads on from the AS, so aslong as you work hard to understand C3 and C4 it'll be easy to bump up C1 and C2 in resits.
clojo92
Just wondering, how many grades has someone brought their maths grade up by?

I got a D for AS, due to an incredible lack of work. Easily should of got an A/B. Has anyone carried on and brought this up with retakes? If not I'm just going to have to redo the year because I need at least a B at A2.

You want some anecdotal evidence?

If you easily should have got a A/B then you would have. Unless, its easy enough for you to not do any work yet hard enough that you should have done some work. Nice thinking ahead, looks like you should have done some work.

P.S. To be honest, its possible. However, its really unlikely to happen. If you give breakdown and got like aau in module grades then it would be easy. It depends how much work you do.
Reply 4
How easily did you think you could get an A/B?
You need to change your lackadaisical attitude if you want a better grade; if you carry on as you are, there is no hope of you bumping your grade up. Maths only gets harder so if you got a D at AS, it's probable you'll get an E at A2 (this is how it works at my school anyway, expect a grade lower for your A2 year).
Harsh but only the truth.
Reply 5
I went from a low E to a high B for the full A2, but there were some other factors at play to explain the E.

Latest

Trending

Trending