The Student Room Group

Collingwood's insurance..

My parent's car is insured under their name. I'm currently a provisional driver, and I want to practice in their car (in addition to lessons); I need insurance and I was looking at Collingwoods as they're relatively cheap. My dad however believes that there's a catch to such a low price, and that if something does happen, then Collingwoods will try to find a loophole, say it's not their problem and ask us to claim through my parent's insurance (which, afaik, they haven't touched in terms of making claims). I'm trying to find something in Collingwood's policy to disprove this, but :/

Could someone suggest something please?
I insured myself with Collingwood when I was learning, the only "catch" that I noticed was that the car is only insured when you're in it. That was a problem for me, as I had my own car which wasn't insured be anyone else so I wouldn't have been covered if say it was stolen or set on fire! But seeing it's your parents car and they have their own insurance that's not an issue for you anyway.
I couldn't tell you what they're like with claims, never had to make one, but they generally have a good rep, have you had a google around to see if people have any complaints about them?
As fas as I know they're a good, genuine company I never had any probs. Insurance for learners isn't always that expensive anyway, they don't have as many accidents as you'd imagine.

Latest

Trending

Trending