The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was doing so well until about 1/2 an hour ago when a friend sent me an email about the work I missed from the lesson I didn't go to... I can't take it anymore. I don't want to go to school. I don't even want to go to uni at the moment - I always thought I did, but now... What's the point? What's the point in doing anything?

I feel so out of control and of course that means that my ED is roaring back to life... I'm hungry but I don't want to eat, not really from an ED point though. :frown:
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling like this OP - if it is getting to the stage where you are applying to university etc it is easy to feel out of control as things are changing quite a lot in the next months so it is very understandable to feel this way! I sometimes try to think why I am doing any of this and the end result is that I will (hopefully) get into a fulfilling job of being a primary school teacher and I just have to put up with all this work and crap for a while before I get there :p: I used to have a few problems with eating myself where it feels like it takes over your life and therefore nothing else matters as long as you have control over your food and exercise. Once you have been there it can be easy to fall back into bad habits but I just think of all the fulfilling things I want to do and restricting food and myself will not make me happier in the long run and will only isolate myself from everyone.
Anonymous
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling like this OP - if it is getting to the stage where you are applying to university etc it is easy to feel out of control as things are changing quite a lot in the next months so it is very understandable to feel this way! I sometimes try to think why I am doing any of this and the end result is that I will (hopefully) get into a fulfilling job of being a primary school teacher and I just have to put up with all this work and crap for a while before I get there :p: I used to have a few problems with eating myself where it feels like it takes over your life and therefore nothing else matters as long as you have control over your food and exercise. Once you have been there it can be easy to fall back into bad habits but I just think of all the fulfilling things I want to do and restricting food and myself will not make me happier in the long run and will only isolate myself from everyone.

Thanks! :hugs: You really cheered me up. I want to go to uni and I want to do well in my A levels, but sometimes it seems like that doesn't matter. At the moment it does matter. :woo:

This going from feeling normal to awful is getting annoying now...
Reply 43
yeah i suppose you don't want too much attention regarding weight, sometimes it can be a trigger, sometimes a subconcious one. i think if you keep trying to eat, little bits (high calories) and often your appetite will start to come back.

best of luck to you, if you need anything or someone to chat to, just PM me:smile: xx
aardy20
yeah i suppose you don't want too much attention regarding weight, sometimes it can be a trigger, sometimes a subconcious one. i think if you keep trying to eat, little bits (high calories) and often your appetite will start to come back.

best of luck to you, if you need anything or someone to chat to, just PM me:smile: xx

Thanks. I've pretty much managed to eat okay yesterday and today (although normal-sized portions make me feel really full), but I'm not sure that I can keep this up during weekdays...
Reply 45
well thats fantastic and a good start, i hope you manage ok during the week, think of your body as your temple/tool and although your mind might tel you your not hungry your body is begging for the nutrients to serve you well:smile: so try try try and suppass your lack of appitite and stick something hearty in there. Even if its not normal portions, every little helps as tesco says (oh dear! haha)

best regards chickie

xx
Just posting to say I read your post. I don't really know what to say. I have no appetite either (depression induced). I've never really liked eating but it's got so much worse. I'm starting to be frightened of food because it makes me feel sick whenever I eat. I feel dizzy and faint all the time but I find it so hard to eat. Maybe try drinking fruit smoothies so you get some energy in you? I hope you feel better soon.
xx
diamonddust
Just posting to say I read your post. I don't really know what to say. I have no appetite either (depression induced). I've never really liked eating but it's got so much worse. I'm starting to be frightened of food because it makes me feel sick whenever I eat. I feel dizzy and faint all the time but I find it so hard to eat. Maybe try drinking fruit smoothies so you get some energy in you? I hope you feel better soon.
xx

That's how I've been feeling all day - it's horrible. :hugs:

I was doing so badly today. I just couldn't eat in school, the thought of it made my sick and the smell seemed really strong (it probably wasn't). Thankfully, I managed to eat something when I got home, which should make me feel better in a while (feel really faint at the moment).

I just don't understand it - I'm hungry, I know I'm hungry but the thought of eating... It's really odd. :frown:
steffi.alexa
That's how I've been feeling all day - it's horrible. :hugs:

I was doing so badly today. I just couldn't eat in school, the thought of it made my sick and the smell seemed really strong (it probably wasn't). Thankfully, I managed to eat something when I got home, which should make me feel better in a while (feel really faint at the moment).

I just don't understand it - I'm hungry, I know I'm hungry but the thought of eating... It's really odd. :frown:

I understand exactly what you mean! Like for me the idea of eating is just repulsive and the yoghurt I just had really doesn't help... Ugh. And now my mum's on at me to eat something in the next hour and I don't want to and I don't even feel hungry even though my body is still weak and ****** up. But yeah. Not good. Don't be like me! :rolleyes:

You haven't done badly at all! It's really good you managed to eat when you got home, keep at it. I suppose the more you do it the easier it will get... :hugs: to you. Hope the situation gets better!
And tbh, school food is always disgusting! I don't blame you for not eating it. :p: Maybe you should try eating really small meals every few hours or something so you get enough nutrients? *feels hypocritical*

Anyway, super super huge hug and try not to get too stressed out about school stuff/ UCAS stuff/ life because really your health is more important than all of those things. Ok, maybe not life... but the other things! PM me if you want to talk.
xx
diamonddust
I understand exactly what you mean! Like for me the idea of eating is just repulsive and the yoghurt I just had really doesn't help... Ugh. And now my mum's on at me to eat something in the next hour and I don't want to and I don't even feel hungry even though my body is still weak and ****** up. But yeah. Not good. Don't be like me! :rolleyes:

You haven't done badly at all! It's really good you managed to eat when you got home, keep at it. I suppose the more you do it the easier it will get... :hugs: to you. Hope the situation gets better!
And tbh, school food is always disgusting! I don't blame you for not eating it. :p: Maybe you should try eating really small meals every few hours or something so you get enough nutrients? *feels hypocritical*

Anyway, super super huge hug and try not to get too stressed out about school stuff/ UCAS stuff/ life because really your health is more important than all of those things. Ok, maybe not life... but the other things! PM me if you want to talk.
xx

Have you been to your GP about it? That sounds awful. :hugs: I know exactly what you mean. It actually seems to be getting worse each day... But, I don't want my grades to suffer all because food repulses me!

It wasn't school food (our school canteen is amazing anyway, as long as you don't buy pasta!), it was food I'd made myself this morning. :frown: I managed half an apple at lunch, but even that was hard. I had to spend an hour getting myself ready to eat when I got home. It's so wierd and I don't understand what's causing this.
Reply 50
Just to reiiterate that it sounds like you might have depression.. there doesn't need to be an obvious trigger but it does often ruin your appetite. Maybe you should talk to your counsellor about it.
I don't really know what other advice to give. My appetite is pretty non existant too. I have cake and chocolate which seem to make up a lot of my calorie intake.
Yut should get meal replacement drinks from a pharmacy...i got really ill once and couldnt eat cos my stomach couldnt handle anything..still dont know to this day what happened for that month, but im fine now..i lost 8 pounds! Now ive gained it all back though..but wish i didnt :frown:.

My pharmacist gave me these meal relacement drinks so its just like drinking milkshake but in one you get enough calories and nutrients and minerasl as you should in a proper meal.

Latest