The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Waheeeyyy I got an A in this. So no, not bull at all :biggrin:
It is a waste unless you are going to a ****** uni
Reply 22
It's not all that bad.

Far harder than you'd think at first- the later essay papers really do push your time management skills if you're out of practice. The lessons can be interesting, too- provided you have a decent teacher.

That, and a reasonable selection of good Universities do incorporate it into their offers- Sheffield, for one.
Reply 23
Tell the teacher you will report her if she keeps calling you Miss It.
Reply 24
BJack
No. Critical thinking and media (and similar) studies have lower A-grade percentages. (see here)

Interesting link. 57.5% of F Maths entrants get As! And females seem to outperform in everything.
On the male & female together part, just Critical thinking and ICT have lower A percentages than GS. If you assign each grade a point score though, then GS comes out with the worst overall results.
Reply 25
paddy__power
half a brain = A 8-D

Huh, I guess 87.4% of candidates entered don't possess half a brain then.
Sh4w
Huh, I guess 87.4% of candidates entered don't possess half a brain then.

You guess correctly. well done =]

anyone who actually trys and doesnt get an A in that is a fail.

most people doss it because they know its worthless. Hence the above statistic. You know its true lol
Reply 27
I got a B with no revision and no classes.... Walked into the exam not knowing what to expect. :shrug:

I don't know if it's bull, but i found it really easy... I know some unis accept it if you miss your grade in one subject and get an A in it, for example liverpool law accept General studies if the offer is missed but you have to get AAA instead of AAB without gen studs.

It's hardly difficult and it's an extra qualification, just sit the exams, you will probably surprise yourself.

However, it's alarming how many people i know failed this, people who are generally what i'd call clever. :confused:
Reply 28
paddy__power
You guess correctly. well done =]

anyone who actually trys and doesnt get an A in that is a fail.

most people doss it because they know its worthless. Hence the above statistic. You know its true lol

I think definitely a certain number of people piss around completely, but from my experience most do at least try to answer the questions.
Sh4w
I think definitely a certain number of people piss around completely, but from my experience most do at least try to answer the questions.

Thats a fair statement, but thats after having done work for it all year. If everybody even tried a little bit it would have a 60% + A grade pass rate I reckon
Reply 30
paddy__power
Thats a fair statement, but thats after having done work for it all year. If everybody even tried a little bit it would have a 60% + A grade pass rate I reckon

I know what you mean - I am amazed myself at how crap people do, often after mouthing off about what a doss it is. The thing is though, can you really work for General Studies?
Sh4w
I know what you mean - I am amazed myself at how crap people do, often after mouthing off about what a doss it is. The thing is though, can you really work for General Studies?

LOL, thats very true. No you cant... but you can have an awareness of the kinda crap your gna needto spout to pass lol. It really is just such a waste of time.

Latest