The Student Room Group

The Great Mooncup Thread / FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
and on more question..has anyone tried horseriding in it.....or do u think that would b a bit too much...... :confused:
got mine just before my last period. Its great!
I love it. Its comfy, easy to use, and it benefits the environment!

i haven't ridden in it, but ive been mountain biking! its fine with that.
Reply 82
I have only one thing to say and that is:
Yay for Mooncups!
I really resent paying a fortune for menstruation, as it were.
And it makes the planet happy.

You girls are all great, even the two boys who sneaked in :biggrin:
WOW i love this thread. I read it a few weeks ago and forgot all about it. Then I went shopping today and in to the toilet. And there on the back of the door was an advert for moon cup's it made me chuckle and I walked out with a smile on my face, thinking of you guys!!!

Emma xx
So in boots is it next to related stuff ie tampons and the like... coz I really don't want to ask a geeky 16 year old lad to show me where they are when he will have literally no idea what I'm talking about and I'll have to explain while turning a nice shade of red :smile:
OMG, I never heard of these before. I'll insert the word mooncup into a few conversations this week to educate people. My friends are very squeamish.
haha
i've freaked out several friends by talking about/showing them (when clean!)mine
Reply 87
I know everyone else loves them, but I used it for one period and it just made me incredibly sore. I was really looking forward to using it and I like the concept but I just felt stretched out and irritated (and yes, I was using the small size!) It's a shame really, but I guess it can't work for everyone...
Reply 88
keep trying! you might not have got it in right, it shouldnt make you sore. have you trimmed the stem? that made me sore when the stem was too long. also try inserting it when its wet(run it under the tap).

don't give up get seriously!

me and my housemate have a designated "mooncup pan" which has a sticker on. people can use it to their own disgretion for anything other than mooncups if they want (surprisingly the rest of the house dont actually care, including guys!) strangly enough though, the pan seems to have turned green!
Reply 89
I don't like the idea of those things

i don;t think ill have a period for a few months now

judging on the last 2 i hope!!
Reply 90
I lost mine :mad: :mad:

Going back to pads/tampons SUCKS
Reply 91
you lost it?!?! how?!
ha ha whoever finds it is in for a treat!
lol, I have managed to enlighten about 20 girls about the mooncup today, was a laugh.
Reply 93
Jenna999
you lost it?!?! how?!
ha ha whoever finds it is in for a treat!

I was ending my period and was cleaning it in the hall bathroom - genius here left it in the bathroom on the windowsill and wandered off to lectures. Oops.

Either the cleaner binned it or a floor-mate found it and god knows what. I share the bathroom with 8 girls on my block and 8 from the one next door, so I've no idea if anyone found it. I was well annoyed tho :frown: :mad:
Reply 94
love this thread! and love the name mooncup... it's so... mystical... dont know if im a convert yet-not sure if i like the idea of suction and popping noises. also, doesnt the blood just spill out when you take it out?
Reply 95
I absolutely love my mooncup. It has really changed my life. Athough I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who was squeamish-luckily I'm not!!!
And I'm doing my bit for the environment- it'a a win win situation!
Reply 96
It is just Newnham college, Cambridge, or the whole uni that has 'Use a Mooncup' all over the toilet doors!? :eek:
No, its probably just Newnham. Not even Newhall have them. Although they should!
Reply 98
Not something I've ever seen.
Reply 99
Kavanne
It is just Newnham college, Cambridge, or the whole uni that has 'Use a Mooncup' all over the toilet doors!? :eek:

yup, we have plenty of mooncup stickers, particularly in the loos that come off the bar :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest