The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
I found a few bike shops from just searching Google but I haven't been to check any of them out yet. I'm hoping an opportunity for a second hand bike might come up during the year but I've had no luck yet. Though I'm thinking of leaving buying one till next summer as I a not-that-keen cyclist so I'll wait till the weather's good!
If you have access to DUO yet you can check their For Sale listings to see if any come up.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
epoch
As a keen cyclist I don't mind the hills (to an extent!) which Durham has many. Therefore I would like to buy a bike to get to my department and about.

Has anybody got any idea if the bike shops in Durham are any good or if there is a good place to pick up a second hand bike?

Thanks

Halfords at the Arniston Centre and the Motorist Discount Store at the top of Gilesgate Bank....just along from Sainsburys Local and Peters......Ohh, and Sports World (or is it Sports Direct?). Thats at Belmont retail park oposite Pizza Hut.

xxx
Reply 3
There's a bike shop which is just up the hill from Hild Bede (must be this Gilesgate Bank one mentioned above) that's pretty close, and they do have bikes in there (but no reflectors when I went to buy one :frown: )