The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Computer Science

According to the website, the typical offer for Computing is ABB.

Considering its one of the best universities in the country, and 2nd best for computing, this seems a little low.

Anyone who got into this course care to tell me what they were offered?

My Predictions are something in the area of AAAB-AAAC.
But realistically, I might only manage AABB-ABBB.

My PS statement is pretty strong, and I've got a lot going for me in terms of extra curricular stuff; school maths team, research bursary in computing at Uni. of Liverpool , sitting two self taught A levels early, gold CREST award, etc etc.

Ideally I'd like to do Maths + Computing, but the offer for that is AAA, and I don't want to aim too high.

It looks like a great place, and I'd really look forward to going there.
What are my chances?
Reply 1
I got ABBC, and I'm here. As long as you do well in the Maths you're in with every chance :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Yeah, maths is the thing I'm a little hesitant about though.
Based on AS results, I'm practically on an A in History and only need to scrape Bs in the next few modules to get an A.
Computing is fairly easy and an A is assured.
Maths + F Maths fluctuate (90% in a self taught module, 54% in M2), but after January I have lots of time to work on them.

Are St Andrews bothered about resits?
Reply 3
Third year Computer Scientist here with CCDDD :P Though I got in based on credits from another University, not my A-levels!

Computer Science have been trying to attract more applicants for a number of years now. My year in particular was a bit of a disaster, with a mere 25 people continuing with the subject into second year. With your predicted grades & array of extra-curricular achievements, you would be crazy not to spend 1 of your choices on St Andrews.
Applicants has picked up though recently, I believe around 50 including myself will be doing computer science.
Reply 5
Probably should have mentioned my predicted grades were A levels, not scottish highers.

Bucky!
I got ABBC, and I'm here. As long as you do well in the Maths you're in with every chance :smile:

Would it be possible for you to email me your PS (if you still have it) I haven't really had chance to compare mine against anyone who's doing my subject somewhere good.
Thanks.
Reply 6
Hey man - Same situation here but to hopefully do Internet Computer Science :smile: your grades look goood but the personal statement is apparently really important:P

Latest

Trending

Trending